Reasons Why Shipping Time Matters in eCommerce

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are selling digital products, the buyer can download the product instantly, so, you do not have to make the buyer wait. However, when you are selling physical products, you should try to ship as faster as you can. Before I explain why I will ask you a simple question. When you buy a product, do you want to wait for months to receive the product, or do you want to receive in weeks, or even in 1-2 days?

Online business models like Dropshipping and Print-On-Demand do not require you to fulfill the order, however, in order to maximize sales you need to choose a dropshipping supplier or Print-On-Demand company that has fast shipping time.

When you are doing dropshipping, the product is ready to be packaged and shipped immediately, however, for Print-On-Demand business, the products need to be created and then shipped. You need to check how long the company takes to manufacture the product.

Etini

Valued Contributor
People indeed want to enjoy whatever they purchased as soon as possible. That is why people emphasize how long it would take for a particular good to reach them. That is why as a business person, you have to work on quick delivery. That in itself could be a critical success factor in your business. It could be the reason customers prefer to buy from you.

I prefer to buy from vendors that can guarantee delivery within the shortest possible time. One of the major drawbacks of online shopping and e-commerce is delivery time. One can work into a physical ship and pay for a product and go with it right away but with online shopping, the order has to be processed before delivery is made. As an online vendor, I urge you to set up structures that would enable you to process orders and deliver quickly. This would greatly enhance your business.

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
When it comes to eCommerce, shipping time is one of the most important factors to consider. Here are four main reasons why:

1. First impressions matter.

When a customer makes their first purchase from your store, they are forming their first impression of your business. If their order arrives late, that first impression is likely to be a negative one.

2. Shipping time affects customer satisfaction.

According to a study by comScore, 61% of online shoppers are less likely to shop with a retailer again if they experience a late delivery. Shipping time is therefore a key factor in customer satisfaction.

3. Shipping time impacts customer loyalty.

Another comScore study found that late deliveries are one of the main reasons why customers switch to a new eCommerce store. In other words, shipping time can impact customer loyalty.

4. Shipping time can affect your bottom line.

Late deliveries can lead to increased customer churn, which in turn can impact your bottom line. In fact, a study by UPS found that each day of delayed shipping can cost an eCommerce business $20,000 in lost sales.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
@Mika when choosing Aramex delivery service you should wait for couple of days instead months but people like regular delivery service to not pay the fee.