Reasons Why Freelancers Should Be Active On Social Media

Mika

VIP Contributor
As a freelancer you might be already working on a freelance marketplace, however, you should not undermine the importance of social media platforms to excel in your freelancing career. You can not only use social media platforms to establish your authority in your niche but also sell your services.

If you are a freelancer, you should utilize a variety of social media platforms, most importantly, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. You'll need a Facebook page, as well as accounts on Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin. You can also use Tiktok and youtube if your niche is a video making and editing. Social media assists freelancers to...

Increase their online visibility (because people can find you on various social platforms)

Sell and market services to social media users (you can find freelancing opportunities)

Display their work (you can use LinkedIn as your portfolio website)

Make money not only as a freelancer but also as an influencer and digital marketer (if you have managed to build a huge following)

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Social media is the most effective way to reach out to a large audience. The best thing about social media is that you can tailor your message to fit the audience you want to reach.

For example, if you're an SEO consultant, your target audience may not be interested in reading your blog posts or tweets, but they're more likely to take action and follow your social media accounts. So instead of just tweeting about what you did on a particular day, try posting a photo of your latest client or client's website and tag them in it.

Another reason why freelancers should be active on social media is that it helps build a following for yourself and get more clients. If you want new clients, then being on social media is a great place for them to find you. You also get an opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who are interested in what you have to offer.

cmoneyspinner

Everything you say is true and the social platforms you mention definitely help you build your brand. For me, I have not had any success with TikTok or with YouTube. I can not blame the platforms though. It's because I suck at making videos. LOL. With Facebook. Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, if you know how to write well - long or short posts - and supplement your words with free images, you can build your following. Some eople go to Fiverr and find a person to make the videos for them. I don't want to do that. But this is good option.