Raising goats for the healthy milk as a home business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I love this topic because it is a reminiscing of my boyhood days when a neighbor had a milking goat and I was taught how to milk it. Every morning I would get a glass of goat’s milk for my mother. It was a wonderful experience because people say that goat’s milk is the best milk in town.

A cage or a small corral can house several milking goats. The best fodder is the branches of the ipil and mulberry tree. You can also give it grains like corn or beans. It is easy to care for if the corral is airy and has roof for protection against the elements. One milking goat can produce up to 2 liters of milk. If you have 5 goats then you can have 10 liters every day that can be sold for a neighborly price of 50 pesos per liter. You can earn 500 pesos (that’s $10) daily which is the minimum wage here.

This is one milk I'm yet to consume. I have been hearing of goat milk but never tasted it. Well, it can be a good business opportunity if they are buyers around. You just milk them as stated and make good sales off them. It will be a good business

I do not know whether it is because of preference but I have actually not seen goat's milk been marketed or sold around here. Nonetheless for populations who consummate I think it is a very good idea. It will also be a better idea if you will sort out at for superior breed goats.

I do not know whether it is because of preference but I have actually not seen goat's milk been marketed or sold around here. Nonetheless for populations who consummate I think it is a very good idea. It will also be a better idea if you will sort out at for superior breed goats.
Goat's milk is expensive so it is not common in the market either by the high price or the lack of goat farms. I don't remember seeing a goat farm in the suburbs, they are always in the rural areas here for the grazing. But one time I chanced upon a guy who was hauling branches of the ipil-ipil tree to serve as fodder for his goat. Anyway, the goat's milk is the hunt of the lactose intolerant people who cannot drink cow's milk.

That is a very good business idea. I have read and heard alot that goat milk is very good. Indeed many people will buy it due to its nutritional importance and milk is part of most people's meals. I am glad to see that it can be so easy to feed and provide shelter for them.

Aha, this can be really interesting. Raising 1-2 goats can be really easy even if you are living in a city. You can create a shade in the roof terrace, feed the leftover or wasted food to the goats, and raise goats for milk. While goats may not give s much milk like a cow, you can still get fresh milk for your home.

I haven't taken goat milk before, and I don't really know about it, but researchers tells us that it is a really good source of protein. If you can be venture into goat rearing it would be really profitable as goats aren't only need for their skin they are also needed for their hides and skin.

study the market in your region first , if there is big competition thats a fail.
if the is little compition then you re good to go for it

This is not the kind of business I would ever do myself. But I think this can be profitable for those who have interest in agriculture based business. I have read somewhere that goat milk is very healthy and if you can raise a goat in your house, you will have fresh supply of milk.

Splendid idea! You have gathered. We all know that milk is a very nutritious food that is very necessary for maintaining good health. In childhood, I saw many goats grazing in the field and those who had goats, drank to heart's content. Goat's milk was not available because goats were a few in number and it was so costly. It is of course an earning source.