Qualities employees must possess to keep their job.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
In some regions of the world job opportunities are very scare , so it requires an employee to showcase good qualities another two keep his or her job . In some countries of Africa to be precise Nigeria , there is presently a high rate of unemployment and the government are not doing anything about it , No wonder people are more self-employed over here .
Now imagine you become fortunate to work in a governmental or private firm or company you will want to do your possible best to keep your job . To be able to do this you must show qualities that are desirable and needed in a good employee some of these qualities r explained below :

* Professionalism : the act of professionalism is considered as one of the most wanting quality to be seen in a good employee . An employee should be professional and skillful in carrying out his or her duty . Actions like this and promotion and allowances .

* Faithfulness and obedience : faithfulness is usually applied in cases where some business secrets are shared or known among employees . Employees should by no means disclose or tell someone or their competitors and rivals about his companies confidential business secrets . Doing so you sure that he is faithful and obedient .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Diligence and dedication are the tops on my list for a good employee to have. Diligence is the concern for the job especially when there is a deadline to be met a diligent employee would be doing the work and avoiding any interruption. Dedication is partly the loyalty to the business and the integrity to the job. Integrity means doing the right thing even when no one is looking at you.

Anyway professionalism is being questioned in the movie industry. When you are professional that means you know the job very well. In the movie industry when an actor comes in late for the shooting they say that he has no professionalism which is not the right description. Anyway, may I reiterate that being professional on the job means you have the skills and you apply that skills whenever needed. With obedience that is also part of the dedication and diligence.

Rachael

Verified member
Employees are individual workers who perform their duties un der thee supervision of the employer, boss or a leader. There are certain qualities an employee must possess in order to keep their jobs. Right from the recruitment and selection process, it is advisable for the employee to exude; confidence, politeness, honesty and self-discipline. Performing your role or job description is not just enough but you should ensure that you are honest in all your dealings both within and outside the company so long as it relates to your work organizations. There are some companies where their working ethics and plan is a top secret, and as an employee, when you divulge such information, you have breached the rule of agreement which when caught, warrants strict sanctions and penalties. As an employee, you should endeavor to be punctual to work, as this is the first sign of responsibility, you should be able to achieve your daily target and put in your best in getting the work done effectively.
There is no employer who would condone lackadaisical attitude especially if you have been given forewarning. To maintain your job, you should ensure not to infringe on the rules and regulations or deviating from the vision and mission guiding the establishment.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are some qualities that an employee needs to possess to convince his or her employer that he or she is truly ready to work and will be a plus to the growth of the business. Among the qualities include

Passions for the work, an employee must be ready to love what he does. This must show in his attitude and the way he handles his roles. The more the passion for the job, the more deligent he would be.

He's ready to be subservient to his employer. There is need for an employee to be subservient to the boss. No boss will want to have an employee that is not ready to listen to him. That's the most reason why an employee must submit himself or herself to the authority of his boss.

An employee must also be punctual and honest. Beijg punctual is the soul of a business. There is need for him to be come on time and be honest to the customers. This will go a long way in winning the hearts of most customers an

E

eldavis

An employee must be self discipline. As an employee you would definitely come across different kinds of customers and difficult bosses, it is expected that you maintain calmness at all cause and discipline yourself on how you handle things. An employee must also be honest. Every business owner loves an honest employee, someone they can trust with the affairs of the business even when they are not around. Someone they can rely on to handle the business like it's their own.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing , if I am employing someone into my business organisation there are things I would like to look for also , a lot of people might consider addressing to be the most important thing . But to me dressing may not really be the most important but what the person has to offer is the most important.

Just like you have said up there , faithfulness is one of the most essential characteristic of a person we are employing into our business. This is among one of the top needed characteristics in the life of an employee and if these things are observe in the life of an employee there is a possibility of me employing such person into my business organisation.

Professionalism is also very important because obviously we cannot just employ people like that into our business organisation , they must have some sort of professional understanding about their area of concentration because no one will likely be interested to employ an illiterate into his or her business organisation for whatever reason.

Good communication skill is also very important because it is the needed skill that can help an employee to interact with customers effectively without problem.

Flow-er

Your points are very correct on the qualities that must be possessed as an employee. Having these qualities could translate to better working conditions.

funmi

Verified member
As an employee you should try as much as possible to understand your job description, because I see this as a serious problem in the work environment many employees were either not given a very cut job description or they were give their job description but they just don't k ow how to follow it carefully. In my place of work there is a particular lady that was employed as a cleaner and she was given her job descriptions but she most of the times go ultravires that job description by doing the job of a teacher so on a particular occasions she was seen trying to mark a note of a pupil. And the report got to the proprietress of the school who was not in a good mood at that moment. Without wasting time she order that her sack letter be prepared and she was sacked without given the opportunity to even tender an apology. So it is always best to stick to the job description and try as much as possible to discharge them deligently. Then again punctuality and regularity also plays a major role in sustaining our job and to stead up our promotion and other benefits.

Kendy

Verified member
There are different qualities an employee must attribute to keep his job secured. In each establishment, there are rules and regulations, as well as vision and mission. As an employee, you should work professionally and not be a saboteur who goes around making people in an organization to have an argument as this will make you loose your respect and prestige. You should be self disciplined and possess good confidence. You should be honest and loyal to your superior, by being loyal, I do not imply that you should do every thing you are asked to do which is not within your job description. There are some bosses who because they see themselves in a favourable position, and they might want to abuse their power by demanding illegal submission most especially from their female employees, in such situation it is your choice to choose but such loyalty is no loyalty at all. As an employee, you should be punctual to work and also endeavour to be time on task. No employer will entertain a chronic late comer or absenteeism. You should always key into the vision and mission statement of the organization or business, so that it would help you in performing your roles appropriately.