Protecting yourself from scammers when making money online.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely nothing new that the internet itself is filled with scammers and fraudsters who are seeking to defraud and some individuals who possibly want to make money online. I do not know for you, but when I was nearly introduced to the act of making money online I have become a victim and subject to online scammers and fraudsters on several occasions and situations. The experience absolutely was so much remorseful and regrettable, and moving on I sought for help. Below are some of the ways you can protect yourself from becoming scammed or defrauded when making money online:

Doing personal research: Many online hustlers are fond of jumping into the act of making money online on a website or platform, they know nothing about, it absolutely pays better when we take our time to do our own personal research on a particular website we intend to use in making money online even if a website came highly recommended possibly from a friend or a colleague. You can search on the internet about the website to see comments made by others about it and you can also browse the YouTube platform to see live reviews about the website to taste its legitimacy.

Scam site detector: To reduce your chances of becoming scammed online you need to have in your possession a scam site detector tool or mechanism, basically this helps you to detect whether a particular website is legit or possibly a fraud. For recommendations I recommend the SUREPLUG scam site detector tool, reason is because, you can download this particular scam site detector tool on the Google app store or on the Google Play store and that totally depends on the type of device you are using to access the internet.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
it is always good to take time out to learn about a site or an investment program before indulging it.I have realised that people easily gets Scam online because they did little to no research about making money online or investing online

One need a good amount of research to avoid falling for scams it is also good to avoid sides or investment scheme that are too good to be true. Again, it is also good for one not to be too greedy not to see the red flags because some of these do have red flags that people refuse to see if you are working on an earning sites that there's no payment proof it is an indication that such a site don't pay so no need of working on a site that you're yet to see it's payment proofs
for investment programs it is good to just invest first the money you can lose.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The number of scammers is very high on the internet, that is why it is always important that you careful on the kind of you invest your time and money.

It is a must that you must come across a lot of scam platforms if you really want to make money on the internet but if you are very careful you will bypass them.

It is always very important and necessary that you do a lot of research if you want to venture into any platform on the internet. There are so many reviews platforms you can go into and make enough research and see reviews of people who concerning a particular platform you want to venture into.

That is the strategy I have been using for a while and of course it has really been working for me. you also need to be very careful on the kind of people you will transact with because there are so many scammers online.

Etini

Valued Contributor
You have said it all. The online space is a faceless space. You have to do your due diligence is that you would not be robbed of your time, creativity, or hard-earned money. As much as possible, always sample reviews about any transaction you are doing online. If there are no reviews about a product or the sample size is small, chances are high that it is a scam.

Also, when you are paying for products online, try to use reputable escrow services. Don't be too hasty or too desperate to ask that you make the payment through an escrow.

Also, look at the conditions of the product or service. If it makes an offer that is too good to be true, it is surely a scam. They are what we call safety nets and if the service is far beyond the safety net, don't even consider it because it very likely would be a scam.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I really like your points and I hope a lot of people will get to read it to be able to stay away from scamming sites I always say that any site that they sell things or give jobs for money that are too good to be true is a red flag people should know this and try to investigate more before indulging such a site

scammers knows very well that humans like cheap things so they take advantage of that and come up with stories that will easily get or lure people to them. staying away from scammers can be very easy as just having the mind to buy things from reputable site. Again it is good to always do your research especially when it comes to earning sites get the facts about the site before joining it this will help you to stay away from being scammed online.

Fufi

It is very important to do a lot of research if you want to venture into any platform on the internet. You can find posts and articles about almost scammers on forums like that

E

eldavis

One thing i usually tell people when it comes to making money online, cause others are doing it, does not mean it is legit. Many people today assume once a particular thing is popular or if celebrities are into it then it is clearly legit. Nobody is above being scammed. Some time back a new money making program came up, and a very popular musician was used to advertise it, a lot of persons rushed into it without making any form of research. Their reason was if they could use such a person to promote it, then it is legit. Only for them to get scammed later on. They all started blaming the musician. But he simply replied, its not his fault, he was only paid for an advert.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
you are right about your observation with celebrities being used as influencers for illegal businesses or investment opportunities. The thing is that these celebraties are just out to make their money so they are not interested to find out if what they are influencing is legit or not

You know this is how they make their money and very good one at that so when once the money is right for them they are ready to do anything even when they know that whatever their influencing is a huge lie but the money they will be paid might be quite tempting for them to say no. So they wouldn't mind afterwll it isnt their family members that are going to be scam they know it will total strangers so it doesn't affect them in any way so the onus is always on individuals to research about any money making scheme before indulging.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
It has always been a big problem for majority of people to make money online safely and comfortably. The widespread of scammers and fraudsters in the internet have totally made it totally uncomfortable and unsafe for majority of individuals to make money online. A survey was conducted in the United States back in the year 2013 on some of the reasons why people choose to not make money online and it was deducted that the main reason people do not make money online is because they are afraid of getting scammed or defrauded by website and platforms that initially claimed to be legit and flexible but later turns out to be a scam and fraud.

In my own view and perspective it is totally impossible to eradicate online scammers and fraudsters and that is because as majority of people are getting used to the act of making money online, same also applied to the increasing number of individuals who want to make money online by scamming and defrauding others. With that being said, the only thing an online hustler can do is to decrease or reduce his or her chances of becoming scammed or defrauded online, and the best way to achieve that is by using what is known as a scam site detector tool or mechanism. In description, that is mainly a tool or mechanism that helps you detect whether a particular website is legit or not, and depending on the type of scam sites detector to you choose some of them might give you the reasons why a website is legit or possibly a scam and fraud. For recommendation I will recommend the SUREPLUG scam site detector tool.