Pros and Cons of Blogging on Website Builders

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to blog, you have a lot of options to create a blog, and blogging on website builders is one of the most popular ways to start blogging. Website builders are website creation tools that offer an easy solution to creating a blog. You can build an awesome blog just in minutes without any experience. However, website builders are not always the best option.

Pros of blogging on website builders:

• Website builders are easy to set up and they are a great option for those with little web designing experience
  • They offer templates and design options that make very easy to create a professional-looking blog within minutes
  • Website builders have built-in SEO tools that will help newbies as well as professionals to improve SEO performances of their blogs
  • Website builders also social media offer integrations, which makes it super easy to share blog content across multiple social sites with one click.
Cons of blogging on website builders:

• Website builders offer limited customization features compared to self-hosted blogs
  • You also get limited control over the website files and database
  • Some website builders put restrictions on the types of content that can be published.
  • Some website builders even have limitations on the number of blog posts you can publish.
  • Building a blog with website builders can be very expensive in the long run.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I did try website builder in my initial days because I had no knowledge and skills in website creation and website builders made it simple to create websites. However, in a long run I found that these are not only costly service but also do not allow you to have ful control over your website files even though you are paying them money every month. They sure help you create stunning website with ease but they will eat a lot of money. Therefore, if you want to keep your cost low and also have full control over your database, you need to use content management systems.