Prominent self-employed businesses in your region.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Like I already emphasized, in this region of the world which is Nigeria, there are so many self-employed businesses and it is absolutely almost correct and accurate for an individual to say that there is totally no major road or local streets that you could be in Nigeria that you would definitely not come across a self-employed business. Businesses are scattered almost everywhere in Nigeria each with different perspective and each with different goals and objectives but most importantly the common goals and objectives every businesses have over here is to satisfy the needs and wants of members of the public because it is only when they are able to establish and conquer this, then they will be able to make expected business profit and expected planned business income .

Some self-employed businesses seems to be more prominent and popular than the others, and in this area of the world which is Nigeria, the selling of provision and consumer goods or services is absolutely one of the most prominent business established in Nigeria, followed by the establishment of POS business. If you are in Nigerian you could definitely concur to this fact. I may not know what other prominent self-employed business that could exist in other countries that is why it would be so much appreciated to leave a practical comment below.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There are so many well patronized self employed businesses in my area and you have already mentioned POS business. It is very prominent indeed and it is more productive when it is coupled with sale of recharge cards and other services that relate to this.

Another booming self employed business that is prominent here is provisions stores. They are shops that retail provisions to final consumers. We don't have malls or super markets where you cab easily go and buy goods so the easiest means of buying your provisions is through the provision stores.

Fashion designing is also another prominent business here. Day by day people most especially ladies come up with new fashion styles and need Fashion designers that will make them follow up with the trend and so fashion designers get much patronage these days. I am personally a fashion designer and I can tell you that it is indeed a good and prominent business

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
In this area of west Africa which is Nigeria there are so many self employed businesses and there is absolutely no major road or local Street that you would possibly enter that you wouldn't come across a small scale self-employed businesses and that is because self-employed businesses in Nigeria are scattered and established almost everywhere . POS business is absolutely one of the most established business in Nigeria and although the business is new yet majority of people have taken the initiative established this kind of business and have been able to make something positively reward into themselves .

Another set of prominent business you may possibly come across in some areas of west Africa for example Nigeria, includes a hair salon or barber shop . Establishing a hair salon or barber shop is indeed a profitable business but the ability for you to be profitable as a hair salon owner or a barber shop owner definitely depends on how skillful you are to give the right hair cuts and the right hair plaits to your clients and customers .