Problems of managing tomatoes selling business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Are you thinking of going into fresh tomatoes selling business, then you are not wrong but the thing is that there are problems you need to know about that you need to consider before going into it.

Si what are the problems you would encounter with tomatoes selling business

High Cost Of Tomatoes
Since tomatoes are not raise cheap then you expect that the producers will not sell it cheap though.
they have to be raised first in the nurseries for a number of days before they can be transplanted. so you would need good money to start it if you need to sell in large quantities.

Storage problem
Another problem you would be confronted with is how to store them to avoid early spoilage

Transportation Problem
The issue of transportation another problem of tomatoes selling business. You need good transport the products from point of buying to your destination without it being soft or going bad

Marketing problem
You would need to manage the Marketing of them to sell them off as freshly as possible.

Heartstrings

Going into tomato business is not easy but with my observation, those who don't seems to enjoy what they do,it may not be as it seems but that's my observation.. but then they also do lost some profits, there's this woman that sells tomatoes close to where I live,I can say she's really trying, she do complain that her tomatoes go soft and no one would love to buy and if she should sell it to those who are willing to buy,she has to reduce the price,since it is no more fresh.

Selling off your tomatoes as fresh as possible is really not something you accomplish easily,I mean it is not always easy all the time, some people face challenges of transportation as you stated and before you know it,half basket of the tomatoes have gone bad or too soft,and I noticed tomatoes can't really stay long on a heat place,they need fresh air in other not to get too soft on time.