POS (point-of-sale) advertising for grocery items

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you have been going to the supermarket and convenience store you may have noticed the products on or beside the counter of the cashier. That is called POS ads because it is right there in the “point of sale” where all customers will go. How effective is the POS ads for products? Usually they are personal or household products like toothbrush, lozenge, candies, chocolates, gums and other small items.

Don’t be surprised that products on the point of sale shelf pay a premium. That is one extra income of the store because they earn from those small shelves by the cashier counter. With the premium rent for POS space it is proof that point of sale advertising still works well until now.

I think this kind of advertising method is very active. I am saying this from my personal experience. When I see a new product displayed on the cashier counter and if I find it interesting, I will always buy that prouct. If the same product was on the shelves, I would have never noticed.

A lot of people now prefer to use the point of sale method of paying for their products instead of going about with cash that is actually very inconvenient. It is actually true that I have been seeing things about people using this to advertise their products and I think it is one that is going to convert very well.