Platforms to Find Online Jobs

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you feel Fiverr and Upwork are saturated markets, here are some platforms where you can find different kinds of jobs that you can do from the comfort of your home. The jobs on these platforms can be anything from writing, design, marketing to health care, development, administration, or sales. If you are a qualified person, there will not be any problems in getting hired.

Working Nomads (workingnomads.com): The site curates jobs for professionals from the companies looking for independent positions. You can find full time jobs as well as part time jobs.

We Work Remotely (weworkremotely.com):This platform is for professionals who are looking to get jobs in field like programming, design, management and finance, sales and marketing, etc.

Jobspresso (jobspresso.co): This platform is used by professional organizations to hire freelancers. You can find different kinds of jobs that include writing, management, Designing, marketing, sales, etc.

Remote.co: Apart from writing and translation, design and development, account and financing jobs, you can even find online teaching jobs on this platform.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I feel that Upwork and Fiverr are over-saturated, it is really difficult to sell your gigs on Fiverr and get your bid approved on Upwork. However, this does not mean other markets are easier. You still have to compete with other freelancers to sell your gig or get your bid approved. In my opinion, the best way to become successful as a freelancer is by joining a lot of platforms, creating an impressive bio, and start creating gigs that are in high demand or bidding on jobs that have less competition, and then focusing on the platform where you start getting contracts. I find Upwork more beneficial for me than other platforms including Fiverr because I am more successful on Fiverr than on any other freelancing platform. The key to becoming successful in freelancing is to have high-paying skills and skills that have less competition, and then have a lot of patience.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is awesome that there are so many freelancing platforms these days. In the past, there were only a few that people would get saturated in within a short time. But now, you have a high chance of getting hired because there are many platforms you can search for jobs in.

What you just need now is making sure that you are actually skilled enough to work in that position you are searching for online. If you are not, you have a chance to sit down and learn before you can apply for those jobs. The good thing is that there are so many sources of learning, both paid and free.

Then you need to practice as much as possible. While practicing, keep some good content you create so that you can present as samples of your work to your potential clients. You get hired faster when you have proof of your quality work.