planning on starting a petty business in my house,how can I manage it?

funmi

Verified member
A petty trader is a person who sells little things like provisions and toiletries. I noticed that many people in my neighborhood usually goes too far buy some toiletries, so I decided to take advantage of this opportunity to start up a petty business in my house. Since I have identified the needs of the people in my neighborhood, I think it is high time I launch into such business.
But right now, I don't really know how to start and where to start from. Most especially, are there any special rules to follow when starting this business? Will I need to read or study any book to learn about the trade? Or should I go to meet some one that is already into this business to train and put me through?
Please, i really need to know what to do as soon as possible in order for me to start working on this project.
Your quick response will be much more appreciated and needed. How can I start and manage this petty business?

Since you said your neighbors do go far before they get all these goods that you are about to be selling, it won't be too hard or difficult getting customers. But about how to start, you need mentors to guide and put you through for you to be conversant with the prices of those items in the market.

Good luck! I don’t think you will have a difficult time earning customers..

the best way to manage this type of business is that you must try as much as possible to avoid giving goods and services to people on credit because this is the thing that will bring down the potential of your little business and will actually stop the business from growing.

A home-based business is usually a retailing by order only. With food items it is good to prepare or have stocks based on the orders so you would not waste any ingredients. For dry goods like clothing you now can sell using social media and the delivery system. However, the distance of the customer should be taken into consideration.

It is so awesome that you have already identified a gap in your neighborhood and you are ready to fill it through this business. A business is suppossed to solve a problem and so you are already on a good track. As for starting the business, it is a small business and so just a good plan and enough capital is almost all you need to start it.