Pitfalls of Doing Your Own SEO

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Do you do your own SEO? Have you been able to get the desired results by doing SEO yourself? While I'm not an SEO expert, I handle SEO for my own site. I've chosen to do it myself not because I possess all the necessary skills, but because I can't afford to hire an agency or consultant. I have learned by reading articles, watching videos, enrolling for courses and implementing strategies on my own. Unless you are an expert, your SEO strategies might not work well and you might be missing out a lot of benefits of SEO. If you cannot afford to hire someone, you need to continue to learn.

Mika

VIP Contributor
One of the major issues with doing your own SEO is being unable to rank on the first page of search engine result page for high traffic keywords. If your website or web page does not appear on the first page or within first 3 pages for the most searched keywords, you will not receive any traffic. This happens when your SEO strategies are not not enough to rank you on the first page. However, if you are SEO expert, you can certainly do it