Peru makes plan to regulate cryptocurrency related activities.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Peru has joined the likes of South Africa to pass bill on the regulation of cryptocurrency related activities . The activities of businesses of cryptocurrency would be regulated, so as to curb the illegal activities associated with it.

The Peruvian Congress has received a measure aiming at establishing a legal framework for the bitcoin market, which will now be debated in plenary session before being approved.

The paper, which can be seen on the Peruvian legislature's official website, covers a variety of crucial aspects of the country's expanding ecosystem.

Furthermore, Podemos Peru parliamentarian José Elas Valos introduced the project, which is officially called as the "Framework Law for the Commercialization of Cryptoassets."

The bill's goal, according to the politician, is to regulate businesses that provide cryptocurrency services, such as Bitcoin exchanges and digital wallets.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is encouraged to regulate crypto currency. Any country that wants to regulate crypto and not ban it believes in the future of the coins. Crypto should be regulated in such a way, to reduce the illegal activities going through it. The illegal activities casted doubts around crypto like BTC, ETH, BNB, etc, which made some people not investing. Now Peru govt have seen the reasons to regulate it in order to keep it safe for investors to keep on investing. Scam is something that never faired well around investors, when a project is full of scam, it's negativities goes higher than it's positives, putting lots of doubts. That's to say, crypto can be full of scam if not regulated, and such can drive away investors from coming in bounty to invest in the coins. Thanks to the exchange sites for adopting the use of KYC verification to combat scam around their site. Such has curbed lots of illegal activities that circled round the exchange site in the past, and affected their own digital assets which investors stored in their site. Such money laundering affected Binance exchange, which made the exchange to adopt a strict KYC verification method to combat the issue of money laundering in their exchange.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It is encouraged to regulate crypto currency. Any country that wants to regulate crypto and not ban it believes in the future of the coins. Crypto should be regulated in such a way, to reduce the illegal activities going through it. The illegal activities casted doubts around crypto like BTC, ETH, BNB, etc, which made some people not investing. Now Peru govt have seen the reasons to regulate it in order to keep it safe for investors to keep on investing. Scam is something that never faired well around investors, when a project is full of scam, it's negativities goes higher than it's positives, putting lots of doubts. That's to say, crypto can be full of scam if not regulated, and such can drive away investors from coming in bounty to invest in the coins. Thanks to the exchange sites for adopting the use of KYC verification to combat scam around their site. Such has curbed lots of illegal activities that circled round the exchange site in the past, and affected their own digital assets which investors stored in their site. Such money laundering affected Binance exchange, which made the exchange to adopt a strict KYC verification method to combat the issue of money laundering in their exchange.
I would always support the countries who aimed at regulating the cryptocurrency market rather than considering the ban option. The Peru government believed in the future of cryptocurrency and the impact it will have on the economy of the country. Peru toe the lane of South African government who recently passed the bill on cryptocurrency regulations. It will be welcoming if Nigeria could take use sake strategy.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I think it is a step in the right direction only if it is going to be in the best interest of her citizens. Because there is something that is common with governments in general they do things for their personal interest most times rather than put the interest of the genreral populace at heart.

Although regulating it will give the government a certain level of control. But the idea behind crypto currency was all about financial freedom and to remove all forms of control the government impose on their people. But if the regulations are done moderately than it is alright.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I would always support the countries who aimed at regulating the cryptocurrency market rather than considering the ban option. The Peru government believed in the future of cryptocurrency and the impact it will have on the economy of the country. Peru toe the lane of South African government who recently passed the bill on cryptocurrency regulations. It will be welcoming if Nigeria could take use sake strategy.
Instead of our country to follow suit to regulate cryptocurrency, they are simply feeling disillusioned with the continuous development of crypto currency here in our demographic. That's a shame to the leaders of our country for taking negative side on the growth of the digital coins. I wish Peru best for taking the time to regulate crypto currency in her country, same goes to South Africa too for finding way to regulate crypto currency instead of banning it. Any country that involves or consider banning cryptocurrency doesn't take my plaudit, because I want crypto to stand, fulfil it's obligations why it came into limelight. I never experienced scam since I began trading the coins, of not for the fraudulent individuals, I don't find any negative things with crypto currency.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Instead of our country to follow suit to regulate cryptocurrency, they are simply feeling disillusioned with the continuous development of crypto currency here in our demographic. That's a shame to the leaders of our country for taking negative side on the growth of the digital coins. I wish Peru best for taking the time to regulate crypto currency in her country, same goes to South Africa too for finding way to regulate crypto currency instead of banning it. Any country that involves or consider banning cryptocurrency doesn't take my plaudit, because I want crypto to stand, fulfil it's obligations why it came into limelight. I never experienced scam since I began trading the coins, of not for the fraudulent individuals, I don't find any negative things with crypto currency.
I will like to reiterate that the government of Nigeria know vividly the positive impact of cryptocurrency on the economy of the state. The just refused to do the right thing simply because they would benefit less. This is one of the attributes of bad leadership. The selflessness isn't there. Believe you me, the cryptocurrency ban would be lifted if they see personal gains in it. Aside this, don't expect anything positive around cryptocurrency in Nigeria. I am less concerned because the cryptocurrency investors in the country know there way around it. This is the more reason why we resort to the peer-to-peer cryptocurrency transaction. So far so good, we are doing well, many youth are employed and are making fortune for themselves in cryptocurrency.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I will like to reiterate that the government of Nigeria know vividly the positive impact of cryptocurrency on the economy of the state. The just refused to do the right thing simply because they would benefit less. This is one of the attributes of bad leadership. The selflessness isn't there. Believe you me, the cryptocurrency ban would be lifted if they see personal gains in it. Aside this, don't expect anything positive around cryptocurrency in Nigeria. I am less concerned because the cryptocurrency investors in the country know there way around it. This is the more reason why we resort to the peer-to-peer cryptocurrency transaction. So far so good, we are doing well, many youth are employed and are making fortune for themselves in cryptocurrency.
You've spoken well man, we are doing well no matter how hard the country tries to ban and punish crypto traders in the country. Even the banks are limiting the bank accounts found using the bank cards to buy crypto, something that isn't nice in any way. The government can't ban crypto completely due to how decentralized it is. Since the tokens aren't regulated we can simply exchange it which whoever we wishes to, using the P2P method.

ns5393

Banned
Peru has joined the likes of South Africa to pass bill on the regulation of cryptocurrency related activities . The activities of businesses of cryptocurrency would be regulated, so as to curb the illegal activities associated with it.

The Peruvian Congress has received a measure aiming at establishing a legal framework for the bitcoin market, which will now be debated in plenary session before being approved.

The paper, which can be seen on the Peruvian legislature's official website, covers a variety of crucial aspects of the country's expanding ecosystem.

Furthermore, Podemos Peru parliamentarian José Elas Valos introduced the project, which is officially called as the "Framework Law for the Commercialization of Cryptoassets."

The bill's goal, according to the politician, is to regulate businesses that provide cryptocurrency services, such as Bitcoin exchanges and digital wallets.

What if bitcoin loses its top spot ?