Opinion- Why Real Estate is the Greatest Store of Wealth.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I heard someone say that no matter how much you have, if you don't have a landed property, you are poor. That statement is highly controversial but surprisingly true. I have researched all kinds of investments and I have found out that real estate is the greatest store of wealth. In this post, I would share my thoughts on why real estate is the greatest store of wealth.

Firstly, with real estate, there is a tangible asset that can be felt and touched. And this means that it can be transacted with easily. It is more stable than stocks and bonds because it's market does not fluctuate like other investment markets.

Secondly, with real estate, the investor has a direct bearing on the outcome of his or her investments. With stocks and bonds, the investor doesn't have a hand in what happens with the investment. The owner of real estate can determine how much he or she wants to sell or rent his property.
Thirdly, real estate investment appreciates overtime. I know that the housing markets can fluctuate sometimes but it is not as volatile like stock market. If a person can hold unto a real estate property for a long period of time, the property is bound to appreciate. And when it is eventually sold, it is at a good profit margin.

With all these positive characteristics, I believe that real estate is the greatest store of wealth. I can boldly say that if a person doesn't have real estate properties, he is not truly rich no matter how much money he has.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Real estate is the greatest store of wealth. It's not just that it's a great investment, but real estate is also one of the best ways to build your net worth over time.

Let's start with the fact that you can use real estate as collateral for a loan. If you have a well-paid job and want to buy a house, chances are you're going to need some extra money to make it happen. But if you own an investment property, then you can use it as collateral for a loan and that saves you from having to borrow money from another lender.

The best part is that your equity in the property will help grow your net worth over time by building up its value as well! It's like getting paid interest on your own money while also earning interest on the value of your investment property.