My personal solution to treat smelly feet

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was a student my usual problem is the bad odor of my feet that is why I never take off my shoes in public. I have to admit that the odor is terrible and it can spread in the air whenever I would reach home and take off my shoes. Fortunately an uncle taught me how to treat my feet. Soak the feet in water for a minute or 2 before soaping. Rub the suds on the whole feet for 1 minute then rinse. On the 2nd application of the soap, make the suds alive by giving the feet a soft massage for 2 minutes (but longer is better). In washing off the soap, it will take a lot of water because some soap particles are hiding in the nook and cranny of the feet. After rinsing, dry the feet very, very well. If needed train an electric fan on the feet to make sure that they are dry before using slippers or shoes.

With the socks, wear clean socks always and do not reuse the socks. Check the feet for the odor. Whether the odor is still there or not do the washing of the feet before retiring so that you do not need to use a footwear. If the odor persists you need new shoes or new slippers.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Feet odor is so common and can be very disgusting. It can make you really uncomfortable to stay with other people. Especially if you have to remove shoes. I think it affects men more than women because men wear closed shoes more often than women.

Just like any other odor problems, feet odor requires very good hygiene to curb it. You have given such a good procedure in this thread. Washing feet well with soap and water removes all the dirt and sweat that usually build up to form that bad odor. Then you need to dry them really well afterwards to avoid the dampness that could mix with sweat and smell really bad.

Another thing that causes feet odor is foot rot. It is usually caused by wearing closed shoes and socks for a long time during the day and having wet feet. One thing that helps curb foot lot is applying lotion everywhere in your feet after drying it well. Make sure that lotion reaches even inside the toes as that is where the foot rot occurs alot.