Real estate My house or the loan for life?

greenieS

Verified member
This question is asked by many young people when they want to have their own home, because the property comes with a long-term loan: usually 30 years.

30 years has come to represent a number with bad luck, a number that brings, at its simple utterance, migraines. 30 years is associated with burdens, indebtedness.

Many young people, because they notice the pressure of a long-term debt, choose to take out a short-term loan: 15 years. Simple calculation: 28 years + 15 years of loan = 43 years - age at the end of the loan and obtaining the property versus 28 + 30 = 58 years. Optimistic is the first calculation and the decision is made: for 15 years! "And that's a lot, the reply follows, but it's still halfway there!"

This is a psychological decision.

Let's see how we do with the decision from a financial point of view!

A loan of 65,000 euros taken for 15 years implies a monthly rate of 525 euros versus 361 euros for 30 years. The short-term financial impact is greater than the long-term one. "Okay, but a short-term effort is better than a long-term effort. Even if the effort is greater, I know I will finish faster. " This is the motivation for a great financial effort.

I ask you, dear trendri.com users, what would you choose: a high rate in the short term or a low rate in the long term? This is in case you do not have the opportunity to buy with cash.