Must employer force his will on his employees?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The thread on this category prompted me to create this thread. There is no one except the infant among us, that won't know the havoc caused by the Corona virus pandemic.

The effects led many companies shutting down and even rendered some people jobless. The effects are devastating and can not be underestimated. However smile beamed in our faces when we heard about the vaccine that cure Corona virus.

But what some people believed to be a thing of joy later turned to nostalgia feeling for some people especially in my country. Both the government and some multinational companies make the vaccine compulsory to be injected even against their workers will.

This got me worried. Must the employer force their will on the workers. A situation like this to me should be based on the decision of the workers and not the employers.

What is your take on this.

funmi

Verified member
Employers usually force their will on employees unfortunately. This is not right, I think it is a mini slavery. The employees are not robots why should they be forced to do what they don't want to do always? This act will not give them a sense of belonging. Instead of forcing their wills on employees,they can easily ask for their contributions. Employers will be surprised at what they will come up with instead of forcing them. Forcing them will never bring the best out of them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
you are right about this and I wonder why because I don't understand why employers sometime want to force down their will on an employee or employees this can be really frustrating and annoying especially as an adult with the mind of your own and you know what you want I think employers Nerf to know that an employee has a mind of its own and should only be given the option to choose what they want.

Even in the case of one's health it is still in the place of the employee to go for whatever he or she thinks fit I don't think there is an adult that doesn't know what is good for him or her so employers should stop this idea of trying to force down whatever they want on the employees. Instead they should see reasons and find out why they want to do a thing or not.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Employers usually force their will on employees unfortunately. This is not right, I think it is a mini slavery. The employees are not robots why should they be forced to do what they don't want to do always? This act will not give them a sense of belonging. Instead of forcing their wills on employees,they can easily ask for their contributions. Employers will be surprised at what they will come up with instead of forcing them. Forcing them will never bring the best out of them.
In the situation and scenario that I painted above, what is your take? Let assume the government gives out an order that covid vaccine is compulsory for everybody. You know despite this, some people won't still want to take. I am now asking what is it right for employers to force their will on their employees in order to obey the rules made by the government?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
In my country almost all the employers force their wills on their employees. I have only seen a few employers who also listen to their employees or seek their opinion. What's even worse is that the amount of salaries they offer to their workers is also too low so the workers looks more like a slave than an employee. In fact, some employers also make employees work for long hours.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If this topic is about forcing employees that is not in the policy of the company then I don't think it is right. One example is making the employee work overtime for more than 10 hours (aside from the 8 hours standard work) that is considered slavery. When the employer requires the employees to attend his religious rites you already know what would happen next.