Microwave oven can save you money in food expenses and labor

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Having a microwave has its best advantages when you reheat leftover food. My uncle in the US would cook rice and dishes that is good for 2 days – he has 4 adult children. On the first cooking they eat right from the pot. On the next meal they get the amount of food that they would eat and reheat in the microwave. I agree with my uncle when he said that microwave oven is a great way to save money on food and also on the effort of preparing the meals. Think if every home will do the cooking just once in a day and the rest of the meals are leftover but still a hot meal, we can save a lot not only for our home but for our country’s economy too.

Nova

I have seen the microwave usage however costs a lot because it takes more unit per spend. So the overall I think oven and microwave can make foods which last longer. And also for the leftover type of the food the devices can be pretty good too. I think those who make use of the wastage for the bbq and similar other type of the old style oven are always better. I think those are which are into homesteading they do make use of those old style oven.

I have also noticed that those who do the left over cooking tend to use the microwave more. So the energy is being used in the process. It is really hard to avoid usage of the energy if you do make use of the oven like that. But I guess a lot of times making multiple sessions food can save energy in process.