Marketing Advice Needed: Shall I Tell Customers That I Make Food Products At Home?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am planning to start a home-based business sooner. My business plan is to market and sell food stuff that we usually make at home. Our food items will be hygienic unlike the unhygienic stuff we usually find in the restaurants in the market in our cities. Unfortunately, government does nothing to prevent the sale of unhygienic food stuff. However, I will be selling clean and pure food items at good rates. The biggest challenge is to market the business. Do you think that it is important to tell the people that I manufacture food items at home? Would it give a good impression if I market my product in this way? What marketing advice can you give me in this regards? Is it really important to tell people that I make food items in my home rather than making them in the restaurant? Will this affect my business? I would love to hear some good advice. Thanks!

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That is a very good business plan and if you really want to venture into it you must make sure that you have the finance and also the good business knowledge needed to make it successful. you can also make the business to be known by that of people around your area by advertising it on your social Media platform because running a home-based business can somehow be challenging in terms of getting customers.

funmi

Verified member
Well, presently in the town where I stay, many people have started doing this type of home based business of foods packing and selling. It is better to tell them the truth as early as possible if the truth is told at the beginning, it is be better than telling lies now. If the truth finally finds its way out, then it will be a big disappointment and you may lose many of your customers.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, presently in the town where I stay, many people have started doing this type of home based business of foods packing and selling. It is better to tell them the truth as early as possible if the truth is told at the beginning, it is be better than telling lies now. If the truth finally finds its way out, then it will be a big disappointment and you may lose many of your customers.

Thanks for your advise, dear. Well, actually, it was not about telloing lies or truth to the customer because usually customers do not even ask if the product was manufactured at home or at restaurant. I just wanted to know if telling the customer about the origins of our product would be good or not? When I mean "origins of product" whaty I actually meant was that if it is a good idea to market the product by telling the customer that is a home-based product (made in home and hygienic)?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
That is a very good business plan and if you really want to venture into it you must make sure that you have the finance and also the good business knowledge needed to make it successful. you can also make the business to be known by that of people around your area by advertising it on your social Media platform because running a home-based business can somehow be challenging in terms of getting customers.
Home business don't usually get patronised. it is better to wait and get a space or a shop. Getting people to patronise you in your house is even risky at some point. You don't know, who's who. That's why patience is better when you need some things to be done. At that point in time, it's better to get a place close to where people converge, like at the outskirts of market, then bring your customers back .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our culture it is common to sell home-made products. You can start with the neighborhood and progress to the community. But when your market grows big you need to register your business and you also need a sanitary permit because you are selling food products. That is why most of the small businesses here remain small for a long time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Marketing is marketing in whatever way, so you can tell by words of the mouth or any other means you deem fit. It doesn’t matter what you need most is the result which should be positive. When once the result which is to get people to buy is achieved then you are doing great

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Will it matter if the food is made at home or at the restaurant? And why don't you want to be making those food items in your restaurant? In my country, there are people making food in their restaurants as many as people that are selling their foods at home and people still buy from them. Does selling food from home outlaw in your country?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's a home business you've planned for yourself, you can tell them based on the location of your business. If you're dealing with restaurant business you aren't expected to sell food stuffs at the restaurant, rather you'll rent a shop to market your food stocks, create a big banner offline detailing more importantly about your business and what you're selling too.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There's actually a whole lot of people in the internet who are beginning to develop interest in food dishes that are being prepared right from home. I do not know their particular reason for opting for this particular kind of food but then if you want to go into this then it is actually a good business plan..