Making the best use of social media in business promotion

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Promoting your business basically and essentially comprises and has to do with making it known and that is usually encapsulated in one word - advertising.
Now it has to be noted that this promotion we talk about is not only dealing with businesses buy also it includes services. As a mason I can make and create the awareness to the general public that I deliver this service and this is also a process of promotion. That is why i used the word promotion not advertising in the title of my thread. I want to create the awareness of no matter how little your business or how underrated the service you provide is, you can still promote it using social media
The various means available include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and many other social media outlets that exist.

There's a friend of mine who was a decorator but at many times illk be seeing him posting and promoting other people's work and business without taking a time to think about promoting his own. When I talked to him he said he never thought his work was so marketable and that was why. So I asked him if permission to try it out for him and we will examine the outcome. So I took some samples of his work and uploaded to my Facebook account and within 24 hours I attracted about 4 new costumers for him. From that time he began to promote his work and now he has a small shop where he operates and he is still being thankful to me for giving him the idea of advertising his business regardless of how minute it may look online.

So regardless of how you or people around you see and refer your little work as, you can still use the social media to promote it and with no time you'll expand it to something big. If you sell shoes, post little of it from time to time and you'll see it's effect.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Social media has made a huge impact on the way that businesses promote themselves today. Though it can be a great tool for marketing, it is not something to take lightly because there are pitfalls to be avoided along the way.

Even if you're savvy about Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, chances are you could use some more information about how these networks work and what kind of results they can produce for you. Here are some social media promotion tips to help you make the best use of social media in your business.

Social Media Promotions Tip 1: Staying Organized
Social media is a lot more than just a fun place where you can let your hair down and show off all of the cool things that are happening in your life. It's also a place where you can promote your business, as well as connect with old friends and make new ones. Because it's such an expansive social space, you'll want to stay organized so that all of it serves your business in the best possible way.
You may want to consider using tools like HootSuite or Tweetdeck to keep track of who's tweeting about what and when. If you use these services, you'll be able to respond to your customers promptly, follow and unfollow people who may be useful for your business and see exactly what kind of results you're getting from all of your social media activity.
Social Media Promotions Tip 2: Networking
Because social media is such a great place for meeting potential customers, it's important that you spend a good deal of time there. You can start out by using this site finder tool to find networking sites that will help you reach the kind of audience that most interests you. Most of the sites you'll find through this tool are free or very low-cost. For the most part, these will be sites where you can establish a relationship with your customers through ongoing communication and interaction.
Social Media Promotions Tip 3: Finding Your Target Audience
While it's helpful to use a service like site finder to locate networking sites that appeal to your audience, it's important that you do all of your social media promotions on sites that has an audience specifically interested in what you have to offer. There are many different types of communities on social media and one size does not fit all when it comes to the best possible results.