Making Money From Adsense: Youtube Vs. Blog

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can use adsense to make money in two ways, one, by using adsnese on your youtube videos, and two by using adsnese ads on your blog, website, or forums. The first method is completely free, you do not have to spend money to create youtube channel and do not have to spend money to monetize your channel (if you want to reach monetization faster, you might have to spend money on ads but that is not mandatory, you can actually reach monetization without spending any money). However, in order to run ads on your blogs, websites, forums, etc. you need a domain and hosting. You will have to spend money to buy domains and hosting. You also need the knowledge to set up a website. If you do not know how to set up a website, you might have to spend money hiring a developer. The only exception to this is if you use Blogspot to run your website. Blogspot is the only free platform that adsense allows. Adsense is not available on any other free platforms.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I prefer blog than YouTube, I think YouTube is too controlling, it's basically controlled by Google, if your channel is closed you've lost all your earning means.

While with a blog I'll be totally in control, because I can do countless things to monetize my blog that is totally independent from adsense, with a blog there are different ad platforms that one can use.

With a blog even if your hosting account is flagged down you can just switch your hosting company pretty easy with all your files backed up nicely.

Another reason is personally, I prefer to blog than to make videos which is totally a personal preference.

Also, a blog is more long lasting because, videos are been produced everyday and media technology is been improved so no matter how impactful your channel is, it'll slowly be obsolete, but blogs are ol time wine, they don't change and they age fine.

Setting up a website nowadays is mostly DIY, except you want to customize the experience, but if you just want to write out your thoughts and share your writing, a well thought out YouTube video is enough to set up a fairly badass blog that can make you money.