Making money as a translator

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
There are so many people that do earn money from this job, although it is not something you really make good income from, If you live in a place like my country, because the rate of poverty is somehow high, my point is that, jobs like this are usually very much lucrative in developed countries, doing this work, it can be done both offline and online. And you can be employed to do it in some different ways, you might be hired as a teacher to teach a particular language, probably by a person or organization, and you can also be hired to help translate some particular words from one language to another. These are the fees I know from the many ways you can earn from it. I once heard that a particular Asian platform are giving the opportunity to employ some workers online , if you can teach some people english and you will be earning up to one thousand dollar per month. This sounds too good to be true though, but I think it is real because it depends on how long you can work, the longer you work, the higher you get paid for it. But I can’t actually remember the name of the platform

LiliKensas

I am a translator myself and indeed today the world needs a good translator!

Skysaint

Verified member
You're right about that and that's a very good and lucrative way one can earn money from both online and offline. But just as you have pointed out, it's not a very lucrative business in some areas especially the developing countries and can also be quite lucrative in the developed regions.
Those I've seen to earn good money from being a language translator is actually in a business setting, that's if two different countries or individuals speaking different languages are on a business contract, then your earning from the translating work will be good enough.
I have also seen those translating sign languages from the dumb to a normal person and from a normal individual to the deaf.