Making Money as a Photographer

Mika

VIP Contributor
Is it possible to make money as a photographer these days, especially when a lot of people are using camera phone and a lot of people have high end mobile devices with a good mega pixel cameras. Well, I believe photographers can still explore various avenues to make money. Starting as an event photographer, collaborating with fashion agencies, or teaching photography are some of the viable options. Becoming a fashion photographer can also greatly helps you to make money as a photographer. Likewise, selling photographs online can provide an additional income stream for photographers, you can even use your photographs on various objects to improve income.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Some new producers are nowadays doing films for sale from just mobile phone recording. It is no longer like before if you do not have a lot of money to pay cameramen to produce a film. They are successful in this job.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Photography is vast so there other ways you can make money through it, most not be snapping people like it's been done for eons, there are different ways you can make it happen, you invent a new sub in photography. On top of my head I can think of other niches that are under served in photography.

You can also go on Unsplash or Pixels and get inspiration on what'sth weave right now, there are different ways you can do this, there's also drone which is a cool technology that can be harnessed and make money out of, I think it's all about opening up your mind to possibilities.

JacobWatson

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to making money in photography, but I've found success by carving out a niche in destination weddings (think stunning beaches and romantic vineyards). It took dedication to building a portfolio that captured that feeling, but now couples come to me for that dreamy aesthetic.

alinadelfinowedding.com is a great example of this approach - beautiful photography that evokes a specific mood. What niche are you passionate about capturing? Once you know that, you can tailor your portfolio and marketing to attract clients who are looking for your unique eye.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to making money in photography, but I've found success by carving out a niche in destination weddings (think stunning beaches and romantic vineyards). It took dedication to building a portfolio that captured that feeling, but now couples come to me for that dreamy aesthetic.

alinadelfinowedding.com is a great example of this approach - beautiful photography that evokes a specific mood. What niche are you passionate about capturing? Once you know that, you can tailor your portfolio and marketing to attract clients who are looking for your unique eye.
It is a commercial project like they are making money from these photos or planning weedings or clothes sales, do not think it is a website to share a passion for example.