Making Money As a Book Reader

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you have a good voice, reading skills, and speak English well, you can make money by reading books. There are multiple methods to make money as a book reader.

Method No. 1

You can earn $50-$100 per hour by converting text-based books into audiobooks on a website called ACX. They hire voice actors, and you can audition for projects. If you lack voice acting skills, they also provide training.

Method No. 2

You can record you book reading and publish as a podcast or a video. To avoid copyright infringement, add original content in your reading by interpreting the work you are reading.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Another website that I know pays money to book readers is onlinebookclub.org, it's a nice website where they pay around $10 a month to just provide a summary of a Novel, their website is easy to use all you have to do is login or sign-up and verify your email.

Whenever a new book is up, they'll notify over the mail and you'll sign up as a reader, at the end of the month, you'll submit your summary and they'll go through it and certify it, you'll then be paid $10 over PayPal, they've sent me a lot books to summarize but I've been busy for a while.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
The only website that I know pays for reading books and giving short reviews is onlinebookclub.org. I have an account there but I have not really started earning through them, but I will once I get time to read and summarize those books.

You could also start your own blog where you post book reviews, most book lovers do this. You can then monetize the blog using book related affiliate programs like Amazon.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that there are many ways you can make money as a book reader. However, there are various factors that you may need to consider before you plan to make money as a book reader.

You must belong to a specific country

Most of the "get paid to read" opportunities are available in specific countries only. If you live in the U.S., then it might be possible that you can get plenty of such opportunities. So, you must keep this thing in mind before you think about getting paid to read books.

Find the right kind of opportunity

There are many websites where you can get paid to read books. One such website is eBook Fair. They have a system where they allow people to get paid to review books. They state that the review should consist of 200 words. Since they usually support reviewers from U.S., you must make sure that you live in the U.S.

Get paid to read mails

This is also one of the opportunities to make money. You can get paid to read mails as well. This means that you may not rely solely on reviewing books, albeit reading and reviewing books may pay well. Getting paid to read mails will not make you rich.