List of things you can do to make money in college/university

Here is a list of side hustle you can engage on while studying in school.

1. Get paid to search the web: This has to be one of the easiest in the list. Sites like Qmee.com reward you for searching/surfing the web (in google, Amazon, Yahoo, eBay etc). All what you need to do is simply install a simple add-on to your chrome browser and when search are conducted you get a cash reward. There is no minimum points to withdraw your earnings. Earnings would be paid directly via PayPal.

2. Online marketing: join online market trading platforms and invest in the stock market. This can be very lucrative for those who knows how to make good use of it properly.

3. Review websites and new applications: join platforms like usertesting which pays you to review websites and applications. You get paid after completing the review which takes about 20minutes to complete. Payments are done through PayPal.

4. Write and publish eBooks: this would be very helpful and benefitting for students. You can write eBooks and publish on Amazon, write non-fiction stories/articles in order to increase your value and have higher sales on Amazon.

5. Find a part time job: If you think making money online isn't enough, you can simply find a part time job that wouldn't clash with your time table and schedule. You can also stay up a mini market where you can sell college items mostly needed by the students like stationary items, clothes, makeup kits etc.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
All this will take some time to make money if you engage in them as a student because they require attention. One of the ways I can recommend for a student to make money online is to engage in get paid to post on forums.

You can do get paid to post on forum to be the users of your mobile phone that is internet enable. You can simply turn on your phone and start working on get paid to post forums if you are less busy with your studies and other things.

Freelancing is another way of making money for a student. the best thing is to look for a service that will fetch a lot of money but require less effort on the side. Proofreading and editing is one of the service you can render on the freelance marketplace as a student.

You can also help other students on freelance marketplaces to do their assignment if you are very good at that particular subject. You simply create a gig advertising that you are very good at a particular subject and you can teach anyone anything about it.

You can also become an SEO writer on freelance marketplaces and you are going to make a lot of money if you deliver quality job and be consistent with.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The number four and number five is just one of the simplest way for a students to really makes money online I have seen on the lease , and apart from those 2 i don't really think people can easily make money in other ways you have mentioned. most of them are not available here and a student trying to make money with them could interfere with their academic performance.

Well as a student if you are getting into the university , the best thing you just have to do is to try as much as possible to learn a skill before getting into the university , the skill you learnt and you are passionate about can guarantees you to make some money even while you are in school.

If you do not learn a skill before getting into school it might really be very difficult for you to arrange your time to learn a skill while you are still studying. Publishing of a book sometimes might required a lot of time if you are to write them and proofread it. But it's something that cannot generate you some money .. a student can also try affiliate marketing , it is profitable.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
As the days goes by a lot of students and college goers are becoming more and more monetarily concerned about their well-being . And this has made them to sort out four ways in which they can make money even though there are students . Students have the capability and the ability to make money online unlike most people who are internet and financially illiterate . As a student you have the potentials to think and to reason educationally , so what then is stopping you from monetizing your knowledge and reasoning to earn money by working on money making websites .

when I was a student about to write my final year exams during the year 2018 , I had the desire to make money online and so I work as an article and report writer for a website known as listverse.com . This website pays it uses for writing articles and reports and when these articles are report are clearly analysed by the website without any plagiarised or grammar error detection etc . Possibilities are your articles and report will be bought for a reasonable amount of money by the website . They are many other report and article buying websites on the internet but the best out of the best I have encountered is listverse .com .

E

eldavis

There are also offline activities you can involve yourself with to make money for yourself. I have a friend who sells snacks in school. What she does is to make little things like egg rolls, puff puff, chin chin and other fries, then carry them to School. She does not have even have to hawk them, students usually buy from her during classes.

Kendy

Verified member
Combining schooling with a part-time job or skill is not easy especially in Nigerian universities where the curriculum is already congested but due to the state of the economy, it leaves students with no choice than combine both although efficiency might not be maximum. There are jobs that can be engaged by students in colleges or universities and one of such is; starting a tutoring class, where you can either teach those in nursery, primary or secondary classes and get paid monthly or weekly depending on your agreement. Writing of; termpapers, projects, seminars, thesis and dissertation topics is a good way of making money while in school and this would also give you an upper hand because you are augmenting your horizon. There is nothing as good as making money while in school, it gives you a sense of a financial leverage and a hope for a bright future. Learning photography is one way which many students have adopted. I have friends who are self-sponsored and they rely on professional photography at all levels. The photography of today has changed the standard from what it use to be in the past and this field is now very competitive because of the awareness in its profitability.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Let me tell something, the internet is gold because it has provided the opportunity for people to actually make money no matter where they are especially for students. I have heard stories of people who schooled in the 80s of how many of them were trying to make some money suffered to do so because there was no internet that could allow people to make money as it is today. Now the reverse is a case because there are a lot of online businesses that students can venture into and make some good amount of money for themselves. As a student it does not make sense for you to focus on your studies only but it is important you try to venture into other things which has been made possible with the internet.
Blogging is definitely one of the best ventures in which any student can venture into and make some good amount of money for him or herself. The reason is because there are a lot of niches you can venture into as a student and stand a chance of making a lot of money on the long run if you are able to monetize your blog. If you are a health student then venturing into the health niche is the best for you because you already have knowledge and passion for it.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The hustling spirit in an average Nigerian will always reflect everywhere we find ourselves. The concept of raising that addition figure into our pocket will always inspire us to always go The extra mile to hustle. To be candid the Nigeria higher institutional curriculum does not really the Nigerian student that clear cut advantage to run a business or have other side hustle while studying in the higher institutions. Mostly if one's target is having an academic excellence. The system is designed in a way where there is hardly any reasonable time for even some other extra curricula activities mostly if you happen to be in a department that is very tasking and if one is also occupying a very sensitive position in the department or other organisation on campus. This will really pose a very serious challenge when you begin to nurse the thought of adding some sought of economic activities to it. But not withstandingthere are still some minor things you can still do with the little available time after the completion of your assignments. I could remember How I moved from one department to another to gather all the phone numbers of the student on campus and sold them to major business centres and I made alot of money from that, because it made advertisement easier.

Skysaint

Verified member
I think you got hat right. My advice to anyone and everyone who's still in college is not to remain idle waiting for when they are going to graduate especially in a country like mine where the graduates walk about the streets unemployed. So the earlier you start you hustling the better for you because in the end that is what you are going to do, so why not start early?
There are a number of things a student could do while in school and find the best way to combine it with his or her academic career. First, we have the affiliate marketing part, although u know very little about how this is run but trust me, its one of the most lucrative online business you can venture into and we should also be aware that it is capital intensive. So it's not like every other business you can startup online with just nothing.
Secondly, there is an option for them to offer freelancing services online and this method of earning requires a skill and you really need to be good at what you do so you can earn a good amount of money from the whole thing.
You can even go into cryptocurrency trading and investment and earn from it overtime and before you graduate from school, you already have enough to even start up anything offline.