Let the capacity of a child determines his career.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Many at times, as a teacher I have settled fight between parents and my students when it comes to career choice. While a parent may want a particular career, the child may be objected to it.

At times, I am already at deep blue sea trying to enlighten the parents why it is not a good course choosing career for their wards and educating the child while they should listen to their parents advice.

It is however saddening seeing or reading about some children that their parents have misled by choosing a career for them. The students hereby become useless for both his family and himself.

There may be different reasons why parents or even guardians may want to choose for their wards but I think it is already better to let the capacity of a child determines the career he wishes to go for.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This post reminds me of days when I used to work as a call center agent and I never liked that job. I always wanted to work as a writer or typer and right now I am successfully working at many Paid to post forum sites. The same goes for your child. Let your child decide what he or she wants to do and your child will achieve success because it is something he or she likes to do.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This post reminds me of days when I used to work as a call center agent and I never liked that job. I always wanted to work as a writer or typer and right now I am successfully working at many Paid to post forum sites. The same goes for your child. Let your child decide what he or she wants to do and your child will achieve success because it is something he or she likes to do.
We both have the same feature. I have since childhood develop a habit of writing. I do write poems and even stories. That's why I find paid to post websites easier for me to earn from. But it is saddening that most parents nowadays what their child to go for a particular course for one reason or the other.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We both have the same feature. I have since childhood develop a habit of writing. I do write poems and even stories. That's why I find paid to post websites easier for me to earn from. But it is saddening that most parents nowadays what their child to go for a particular course for one reason or the other.

I never wanted to become a doctor or an engineer. I always wanted to become successful. A person can only become successful if he choses to do what he loves to do. I remember having a day job and I was never satisfied with that job. Right now I work as a full-time writer at forums. Even though, I am not earning that much but the main thing here is that I am happy because I am doing what I love to do. I believe that indeed I will earn more money in the future.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My eldest brother took an engineering course because that's what my father like. My brother did not get his college degree. The 2nd son also took an engineering course and like my eldest brother he did not finish college. I am the 3rd and I was left to my own devices. I got a degree in Business Management and also underwent computer programming training in IBM. Just sharing and not bragging.

Good luck

Verified member
This is 21st century.Parent should not choose or determine any career for a child.As a parent,your part is to encourage and guide them in whatever career they have chosen.Make sure they work hard to achieve Their aim and goal for their future.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Some parents are really so controlling on their children such they even want to decide which career they should take. That is a really bad thing because they may make a choice for the child yet he/she does not want it. I think it is best for parents to let children choose their own career path according to what they like, not what the parents want.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Since my parents nor my teacher didn't choose a career choice for me to pursue i wouldn't decide for another person when it comes to chasing his or her career, be it my child or a student I'm teaching. Just as God gave us free will to decide on what to do on our own, that's how I'll allow my own child to choose for him or herself when it comes to career choice.

Bassey

It not advisable for parents to choose a carriers for a child, I just believed the child should be the one to decide what he or she want,choosing a career for a child won't help at all because you might choose what the child is not talented on and this ruin the child future