Business Ideas lazy workers how do you treat them

Josemendez

Verified member
The fact is that no business will want to deal with a lazy worker because it is a waste of money paying someone who is not putting any contributions towards the success of the business.
The worker may for the sake of God be given a second chance to improve but if he didn't, it is deserving that he is sacked from the business.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is never an easy scenery to have a lazy employee and even more so is when the manager that is supposed to be overseeing them is also. Something that has worked for me and handling lazy people used to be dividing task to be completed on a particular time. In such a way that I am I decided to divide the working hours in a week and then pay people based on how many hours they worked.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, it will be a good idea to give them a position where they are more comfortable working. Each and every person has his or her own personality. Not all the people are active. So if a person is lazy then he opr she must be employed for the job he or she can do. Of course the amount of money a lazy person will earn would be quite low.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Dude, you are funny. No serious business man will tolerate a lazy worker. There are very hard-working people that actually makes mistakes and I am not talking about that category of people because everyone makes mistakes and such people should be corrected but the kind of people I'm talking about are people who are lazy to carry out their duties and obligations that they are paid to do.
I wont even think of that because i know that lazy workers contributes nothing the business and enterprise , and if i found that a worker is lazy i might give him a suspension for some time and if he refuses to change i might sack him , i wil give him options, and some lazy worker just choose not to follow up their duty and obligations

Good luck

Verified member
I think we treating to sack or lay such a lazy worker off from his or her services to make such worker be more serious and dedicated to work.You can also make a lazy worker to be hardworking or vibrant by not encouraging such person.As a boss of the organization,you can just do an increment and decide not to give such a lazy worker.I believe there will be changed of

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Some times laying off of lazy workers may not be the solution because if we said this one is not good that one is not good then,which one will it remain. What I will suggest is that one should give the worning and after sometime if they still refuse to change then sack letter may be issue to them.
Dude, you are funny. No serious business man will tolerate a lazy worker. There are very hard-working people that actually makes mistakes and I am not talking about that category of people because everyone makes mistakes and such people should be corrected but the kind of people I'm talking about are people who are lazy to carry out their duties and obligations that they are paid to do.

AmaliaTG

Most business enterprise usually lay off underperforming workers , because of their lack of contribution towards the growth and development of the business , because for a business to grow there need to be adverse cooperation among employees to make the business grow more in demands and others , most business have greatly fail when it comes to development since the employees involved have low attitude to work , but in the case where you have adviced a certain employee multiple times to change in terms of behaviour and others but he or she keeps been lazy and its affecting your business in terms of productivity and development , what would be your reaction towards him at the end or how do you treat lazy workers in your business enterprise
I was once fired just because of a proposal document. It was simple mistake in that proposal document and yet I was an intern at that time. I tried to research deeper and repeat the whole document but all my efforts were in vain. The company was an upcoming company, it's not like it was established because we were only 3 employees. The editor, the intern (which was me) and the supervisor. I am telling you, ever since then, that was the end of me and any employment. I swore to myself that I was not going to be employed again. Good thing is that I had finished my assessment there and cleared with my school but some companies can become very unreasonable when it comes to fire or hire someone. That organisation right now is no longer in existence because it's not far from where I am staying.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Most business enterprise usually lay off underperforming workers , because of their lack of contribution towards the growth and development of the business , because for a business to grow there need to be adverse cooperation among employees to make the business grow more in demands and others , most business have greatly fail when it comes to development since the employees involved have low attitude to work , but in the case where you have adviced a certain employee multiple times to change in terms of behaviour and others but he or she keeps been lazy and its affecting your business in terms of productivity and development , what would be your reaction towards him at the end or how do you treat lazy workers in your business enterprise
Some times laying off of lazy workers may not be the solution because if we said this one is not good that one is not good then,which one will it remain. What I will suggest is that one should give the worning and after sometime if they still refuse to change then sack letter may be issue to them.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I never have had to deal with lazy workers, however, if I had lazy workers, I would simply fire them. There is no need to tolerate lazy workers in your business when there are already a lot of highly skilled people looking for job opportunities. I would not even give second chance to the lazy worker because it is well known fact that you should always be deligient to work.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor

Setho

VIP Contributor
In my business I always try to set goals for every employee so I say this it motivates people to work well. I always try to set time bound task so that if you do not complete your tax on them you will not get paid

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It's better to be hard working and not be lazy a worker. No standard company would tolerate a lazy worker. A company loses when a worker is not doing his job properly or effectively. If a worker was active on his/her job before and all of a sudden becomes lazy, instead of being lazy, he/she should ask the management what he/she wants, instead of being lazy around.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
No business would like to employlazy workers because if they do they will definitely be losing and their business will not grow. It is therefore better to look for people who are hardworking and go created in order to make your business a successful one. If you look at the businesses that have succeeded it is actually because they employed the right people.
You are on point. But the managers as well should try to do their own part right. Most lazy workers were once hardworking workers. Lack of motivation, salary cut and some other factors like sickness, old age may cause some people laziness. So the management should look up to these before deciding their fates.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Laziness in the workplace is considered a ground for termination because that is a waste of company time especially for employees who are paid a monthly salary. But for me, it is not a big issue if the employee is very efficient at his job. If he can finish the project ahead of the allocated time then he can relax a bit. However, there are limitations to the relaxation.
I cannot condone a lazy worker but there must be standard to measure being lazy. Anyone who consistently for no reason not meeting up with the standard has no other name than being a lazy fellow. Aside this, no one should adjudged being lazy for either being slow or take time to complete a task that others ought to have done in a jiffy.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The fact is that the issue is of two ways. Because there is no way a lazy fellow will apply for a job without being noticed during the employment process. So we should not be quick to judge lazy workers. Some managers are fond of overworking their staff. I am a kind of person that doesn't work beyond my scope even if my boss asks me too and some have termed a lazy worker.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Laziness in the workplace is considered a ground for termination because that is a waste of company time especially for employees who are paid a monthly salary. But for me, it is not a big issue if the employee is very efficient at his job. If he can finish the project ahead of the allocated time then he can relax a bit. However, there are limitations to the relaxation.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
In a business set up the only thing is that most workers are usually hardworking from the beginning but along the Line they loose the passion that would grow the business on a high level and becomes lazy , it would be best to just lay them off , so they don't add negativity to the development of your business at large and improve it on large scale
You are definitely right and this is the problem with a lot of employees. When you get them employee the newly there will be passionate about the business and try to do everything possible in order to impress you and along the line they will start underrating their jobs and become lazy. No businessmen will tolerate that in the sense that is business will be at stake and his effort shattered if his employees are lazy and not ready to work passionately.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
No business would like to employlazy workers because if they do they will definitely be losing and their business will not grow. It is therefore better to look for people who are hardworking and go created in order to make your business a successful one. If you look at the businesses that have succeeded it is actually because they employed the right people.
In a business set up the only thing is that most workers are usually hardworking from the beginning but along the Line they loose the passion that would grow the business on a high level and becomes lazy , it would be best to just lay them off , so they don't add negativity to the development of your business at large and improve it on large scale

Chibson

VIP Contributor