Is passion more important than purpose in making money

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I have always thought that passion is the most important thing in earning a living in this life so it happens that I was online yesterday on one of my social media apps so I saw someone posted a meme saying that people should not be misled that passion is important. So according to the writer, the person was trying to say that passion can be tricky sometimes and at the end you will realize that it has been the reason why you have not been making progress in life. The he further said that Purpose is more important in the sense that it does not have to play with your mind, once you know your purpose in life, you will not have to doubt where you are heading to

So I kept asking myself if this is really true or not because I will not deny the fact that most people are probably mixing the two things together truly, you might think that you are passionate about something not knowing that it is the purpose you are setting for yourself. And sometimes you might think you are making a purpose for yourself not knowing it is the vise versa. Do I would like to be enlightened about this.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
As for me i believe ones passion is key in whatever want to do in life, ones passion is what gives one that extra push when every other person is trying to back down. Even in sport we could see how so many lived for their passion they could even die or give up their lives for what they believe in. This also cut across so many other fields of study. Yes the passion is what gives us that drive to chase our purpose, there are so many people today that are not happy with their lives and they are highly frustrated with the situation of this country but still they will never kill themselves this is because they have an undying passion for their lives. One will only commit suicide when one stop loving his or herself, as long as you love yourself it is most likely that your dreams and purpose will remain alive. The man who gave us electric bulb today knew his purpose but his passion got him there after trying sometimes without achieving any positive result.

Our passion is what makes us to continue when others have given up on us, themselves and on the common goals.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
From the small knowledge that I have, I am very optimistic that passion and purpose are very closely related items that could be seen to me the same things.

Going by this understanding, I can confidently tell you that they are both important factors that help you to be able to make money online and also welcome the challenges that may present as you are trying to go about this activity.

Purpose really helps you to discover what you want to get into at the beginning.

Your passion for that particular venture is what would determine how dedicated you are going to be in it, and the level of effort you will be putting

When you have a sense of purpose but do not have the necessary passion that is expected of you, it would be very difficult for you to face the challenges that will definitely present As you are trying to make money online.

As a matter of fact , you have to make sure that you are grounded with the two as they are the keys that you need in your career .

Passion and purpose are very important things and should never be forgotten , because they will be your sustaining factors.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
when someone has passion towards his job which gives in income and serve as a source of income and revenue to him or her he becomes joyful . it is important that we find passion in life especially in the things we love doing best . Things that we love doing this can vary from one person to another but one thing we must understand is that giving our best in the things we love doing could be profitable . For example an individual laws to draw in fact he has the passion to be an artist . Of course such individual can monetize this passion and make great endings from it . All he has to do was to pursue a career in school as an artist and graduate with good grades .

Hoping you understand my point . So your passion is your wealth , but why do i say so ? Of course like I already said when we have passion in the things we love such thing could be monetized and bring us great endings that is why it is advisable that we find joy in our work and make it a pleasure thing to us not something that breaks our heart .

Kendy

Verified member
I think the both are intertwined and important in making money online. The essence of man which is the purpose is very vital. The best way to ascertain or determine our purpose is by aligning what we have passion about. When this is figured out, then we can achieve our purpose. Passion to me is more likened to motivation and without the presence of motivation, you might find it hard in identifying your purpose. Working towards your purpose and achieving it, is only possible when you are passionate on what you do. The commom reason so many individuals are easily bored on what they find themselves doing is because they do not have passion in it, although they might have a purpose of doing it which could be to feed and clothe themselves. For instance, if I have passion in running or managing a school and unfortunately I am unable to achieve the dream due to financial constraint, yet I find myself working as a chef, I would make mistakes while cooking and I would not exude hard work because I am just doing it because it is available and more accessible but my passion would still be bent on how to actualize my dreams of establishing a school. The fact is, passion drives our purpose!

E

eldavis

Though in most cases, passion and purpose could actually work together but I believe purpose is the most important you might have passion for a particular thing, business or occupation, but that's just it passion. It's more like a strong emotion or feeling to something. Purpose on the other hand is your reason for doing it. Purpose can be said to be the fuel that drives you to keep pushing hard and strong even when things are not going as planned.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Passion and purpose are relatively the same. If you don't have a purpose for accomplishing a particular project or fulfilling your dream, you won't have that drive or passion working towards it. So, both of them is just important and they're similar too. Again, not everything I am doing online is led by passion. Some kind of tasks which I took upon myself are just to earn money for myself and settle some bills. Normally I wouldn't do them if their is no monetary value attached to such kind of tasks. But due to challenges of life which is money related drives me working to achieve the needed target for the tasks in order for me to get paid performing them.

Nosam72

Well I have always thought that passion is the most important thing in earning a living in this life so it happens that I was online yesterday on one of my social media apps so I saw someone posted a meme saying that people should not be misled that passion is important. So according to the writer, the person was trying to say that passion can be tricky sometimes and at the end you will realize that it has been the reason why you have not been making progress in life. The he further said that Purpose is more important in the sense that it does not have to play with your mind, once you know your purpose in life, you will not have to doubt where you are heading to

So I kept asking myself if this is really true or not because I will not deny the fact that most people are probably mixing the two things together truly, you might think that you are passionate about something not knowing that it is the purpose you are setting for yourself. And sometimes you might think you are making a purpose for yourself not knowing it is the vise versa. Do I would like to be enlightened about this.

I believe that when passion and purpose work together properly to make money the end result is always positive. One reason is because the purpose in making money normally is to survive and have and do the things we want and need to. A balanced passion can actually give us the mental fuel needed to accomplish this and keep us happy and fulfilled. Even if much money is not made right away, because a person is trying and they are passionate about what they are doing they will endeavor to keep at it and in the end they will have success.

Shaf

Verified member
When it comes down to reality, money is more important in any business venture than passion.
Without significant returns to at least cover the expenses incurred and keep the business running, even the extreme of dedication would find it hard continue running a business.

The best thing would be to find a balance between the two. Make money while still doing something you enjoy doing. This will help the business survive even when it's going through trying times.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You are passionate about something does not mean you can make money out of it. Let's say I am very passionate about writing poetry, can I make money from my poems? probably not (because there is no audience for poetry, people no longer buy poetry books, publishing poetry on literary magazines is almost impossible). IN order to make money, you need to be passionate about something that has money making potential. For instance if you are passionate about animation, you have high chances that you will make money by doing animation. You choose choose a find that can help you make money, and develop skills and knowledge.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
In my understanding, passion, purpose, dreams are all intertwined and can be used exchangeable.

These things are very important in life because they give our pointless lives meaning and makes us feel alive, but these things that we do much love may not be profitable, but congratulations if your passion is football, you can become a multi millionaire from your passion maybe.

But for the rest us of us that don't have profitable aspirations, the only option we have in getting rich is to do unsexy things that we don't like doing but doing it very well and excellently and get paid, make enough money, and then live out our passions and dreams.

And passion is gotten from doing something excellently, because when I designed a website for a client recently, he left an excellent comment that made me very happy and I started feeling very passionate about it and I watched countless videos to give my customers a better experience.

You can tie your passion to whatever is paying you big, that's it, just understand your journey and where you're in the process, trust the process and keep up doing your very best till you reach your goal,

Remember the goal, Financial Freedom not being loyal to a passion

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Passion is very important when it comes to make money online. you need to choose a money-making model that go in line with your pension if you want to make money online.

The reason is that you are going to encounter some obstacles on your journey to make consistent income online. It will be very difficult for you to give up if it happens that the money making model is in line with the passion you have.

If you are someone who have passion for creating helpful articles. You will never have problem if you are running a blog. You will not be worried if you are not making money yet with your blog. making money with the blog will just be a byproduct.

I have a passion for browsing different information online. I did not see it as a problem if I am not making money with the online activities I am engaging myself with. The reason is that I am gaining information and knowledge on the side while I am trying to make money.

It can be very discouraging if you are not seeing results with the project you are doing. Giving up might be the option if you don't have passion for what you are doing.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Passion and purpose of establishing a business have a serious effect in the progress of the business , ok if we are to consider passion . Passion is the natural desire of us to be or to engage in a particular business out of our natural interest and pleasure.

In this case no matter the challenges you may be facing in this area of business you are passionate , you will always try to take it with ease after all you are just doing it because of the natural burning interest. People who are engaging in business they are passionate about are likely to be much more successful than people who are establishing a business just because they just want to grow.

If the purpose of starting up a business is to be financially independent that is what you will be setting your goal at and sometimes you may be so disappointed if you are not able to meet up to the demands.

It is even better for us to just try as much as possible to engage in the type of business we are passionate about , at least passion must be 65% and purpose for which we are engaging in a business, purpose must be at least 35 percent.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
People get tired of making money. People get tired of chasing money. People get tired of doing monotonous jobs. People get tired when they are to do the same things almost every day. What keeps people going is just the passion.

I do advice people never to put money over passion. Passion will let you keep your head straight even if you have not been making what you are to be making. Passion will let you have strong love for what you are doing even when people think you are crazy.

The strong holding on to passion will surely build value and the value is always the bedrock of wealth. You cannot be successful unless you have value which is always the product of passion. That's the main reason why passion should be focused on first to make sure that we build the value that we like.

However, people have found it difficult to put passion first. Not because they don't know the importance but because the economic situation allow people to be working for money. It is not a gainsaying that almost people that are working these days are doing that for the benefit that they will gain from it.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I think that purpose is the most important thing in life. This is because you know exactly what you were brought here to do and so you will just focus on that. Of which you will eventually grow passion towards your purpose as you continue practicing it. You just get to love what you are doing.

I know they say that you should do what you love. But sometimes what you love doing is not profitable. For example, you could love travelling a lot but you don't have enough money to do so. So you only end up wasting the little you have travelling instead of investing it somewhere to earn profits. So what you need to do is to combine your love or traveling with a purpose of writing about where you travel to and post it in a blog.

You will see that combining your passion with a purpose will make you earn so much money and grow as a person and in your skills. So you should find both of them and try to combine.

Moreover, living a purposeful life is associated with so much mental health and productivity in general life. Which is something that most people need.

Rachael

Verified member
This all boils down to individual differences at the end of the day. As for me, when making money presently, I look first at purpose, then from that, I would be able to develop the passion in making money. Purpose is when you have a vision or goal towards achieving something in life. It is no mean way that passion has to do with motivation and with this it can help you withstand whatever challenges that comes along with the job.

In this my present job of cleaning services, I was passionate about cleaning such that, even when there were other competitors, I did not fret or get back into my shell and despite the fact that, I did not have the tools to help me do the work faster, I had always done the work manually until I was able to purchase those equipment. By this, if I see a job or venture that pays more and I have the opportunity of getting it, then obviously, I would definitely go for it by all means. I love to be purpose driven this is because, it would keep my eyes focused on the prize that I have to win by all meas.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Passion and purpose may not be able to exist without each other.

The pursuit of money is a strong enough motivator for many people: after all, it's the one thing that can buy you everything else you need in life. But what if i told you that purpose and passion in your work could provide you with more money than you'd ever need?

It's true. A study shows that a sense of purpose at work motivated employees to work harder, creating more opportunity for them to earn raises, bonuses, and promotions—and creating more reasons for their employers to give them those things.

My experience also shows that having a passion for your work, in addition to having a sense of purpose, is linked to even greater success—both financially and personally. A person who loves their job will be better at it than someone who doesn't—and they will feel better about doing it. Who wouldn't want to go into work every day knowing that they're good at what they do, and feeling ready and excited to do it?

I would suggest that pursuing passion and purpose is the best way to find success in your career—i've seen what can happen when people are passionate and have purpose towards their work.