Is joining the Nigerian security operative still an attractive job?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Mostly in a time like this in Nigeria and even the rest of the world we can not over emphasize the importance of security. We are having a major security challenge in the country and everyone is afraid as no where seem to be safe anymore in Nigeria.

Security operatives are suppose to maintain law and order and to protect lives and properties in the country, they shi up also ensure that the country is protected from both internal and external attacks. But unfortunately what we currently have in Nigeria is nothing to right home about.

From our schools down to our cities nowhere seems to be safe as we see on the news the spate of killings in our schools, communities, and even religious centres. And it seems as if the security agencies has little or nothing to do about this challenges.

On the part of the government they have failed to do the needful by providing the necessary equipment and finance to empower our security agencies so as to boost their morals to do the job with almost good faith and with all the might. Corruption and greed has made the government to look the other way when things are going wrong.

And on the parts of the security they have become corrupt themselves and the people lacks confidence in them and result to self help. The question on everyone's lips is for how long shall we continue in the mess?

Is the security operative job still attractive?

Icon

Well Nigeria is already in a tension state most of the security operatives has flee and the war between t security operatives and bandit is increasing every day people tend to hope for a better Nigeria and peaceful state the government has not been doing enough for the civilians and security operatives

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't see the need to join this thing because the Nigerian security operative is not really organised at all, and the government don't really take care of the Nigerian security personnel. you are even at the mercy of bandits and criminal.. the government supposed to provide them with all the necessary equipment that is needed to fight the bandits but the government does not really care.. and as a result our security forces will die in the eyes of this dangerous criminals, I can't advise anyone to join the Nigerian forces until the Nigerian government is ready to take serious action.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Jobs in police, military, para-militia is considered good career in my country. I can't say about Nigeria but in my country, if you join security forces in the officer rank, you will not only receive good salary but also a lot of incentives. For example, when the country wen't into lockdown, the government mobilized the police to control the mobility of people. The police force was given extra incentives for the risky job performed during the corona virus pandemic. However, the jobs in lower ranks in police and army is not very good because the lower ranks are often abused by officers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Jobs in security forces are very lucrative ib my country as well. However, these jobs are mostly reserved for me. Even though in my country, women are also recruited and women has 33 percent reservation making it easier for them to get hired compared to the men, not many women are interested in these jobs. Because either they don't see glamour in the job or are afraid of being sexually abused. sadly, both of these things are true in the security forces.