Is It Really Easy To Manage A Small Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Managing a business might not be that easy. There comes a time when you would need to get help of people who are much more experienced than you and you may even need to hire people in order to manage business for you. Obviously, big businesses might be really difficult to manage. However, my question is specifically related to small business. A business might look small. However, the work load might be really great. For example, I have seen general store owners in my country employing underaged people to work on their stores. They have even hired 3 to 4 children to manage the customer. They are not running a big company, yet it seems that the workload is great. So, do you think managing a small business is really that easy?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It will amaze you that those businesses that are big today start small as well. And the same they are managing the bigger ones is the same way they are still managing the smaller ones. Business management doesn't change based on the size of the business. They still require the same mamagement skills.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
No matter how small a business is, when you are starting out it can be very difficult to manage. There are a lot of reasons for this. One of the reasons is lack of experience to run business in the past. You are going to make some mistakes which will give you enough experience to handle the business.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Managing a business can be very demanding and difficult to do. Most People have the notion of starting a business someday without even caring about managing the business to survive. I think we should always consider the business that we know, we will be able to manage very well before engaging in to it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For a beginner there is no easy business to manage. But I have to agree that a small business is easier to manage than a big one. A small business with only 1 owner (that is you) will have not conflict regarding the management unlike a partnership much more with a corporation. Having independence makes the business less stressful.

edwardrussel

Manage a business is very tough

Chisom45

It is particularly not easy to manage a small business. It is an indisputable fact that most big businesses today started small but the sad truth today is, most small businesses battle with competition from their big contemporaries. This has led to a rapid folding of many businesses and made it particularly hard to manage a small business.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
For a beginner there is no easy business to manage. But I have to agree that a small business is easier to manage than a big one. A small business with only 1 owner (that is you) will have not conflict regarding the management unlike a partnership much more with a corporation. Having independence makes the business less stressful.

There are many business owners who have a small busines, but they have such a huge client base that they might feel it really hard to manage. However, I do agree with you that bigger business are much harder to manage because they usally have a really good number of big clients and it may be really hard to manage the project of a single client.