Business Ideas Is It Good To Start A Local Flour Shop?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all are aware of the fact that flour is a kind of commodity we all use and this is why there is always a demand of flour. In the recent years, I have seen a great number of local store owners who have started their own flour shop and they are earning a good amount of profits selling flour at a wholesale rate. They probably buy flour from manufacturers directly and there are actually many workshops or manufactory where flour is made. They get flour at good rate and they sell it to the public directly at wholesale rate. All they need to do is get a shop or a stall where they can sell flour. So do you think it is a great business idea to start this business?

sunnystar

Yeah, it is absolutely a good business. As far as it is a business that people are in need of in a day to day, it is quite good if one start the business. All you just have to do is, getting a good location. A place where flour would be in need of such as urban areas. There are companies that produce bread, and all the likes.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If this topic is about a wholesaler of flour then I guess it can be a good money maker if you can get connected to the bake shops. From what I know the small bakery stores here can consume at least 1 sack of flour a day. You can imagine the big bake shops that can consume 100 sacks of flour in a day. But you will need a good storage area for your stock of flour.

SteeveJo

It depends on the demand, and particularly where you will find your customers. If you reside in a country or simply a place where there is a high demand for flour then you should go for it, but I also imagine there will be stiff competition. That is also a thing you want to take into account. If competition is high and you decide to get in that line of business anyway, you will have to find ways to beat your competition for your business to survive. Ask yourself what you can offer that others do not. Are your prices competitive enough? Can you offer discounts and still remain competitive? the quality of your product will also play a role this is just to name a few things to think about.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Starting a local flour shop is a very good business venture. This kind of business is always very favorable in areas where people are not really into the business and the demand of a it is very high. if you're in the area where the demand is very high, then you stand a chance of making a lot of profit.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It can be a good idea to open a flour shop in your locality if it happens that there are lot of bakeries and confectionery Baker's around you. You just need to approach them and telling them about you flour shop. It is your duty to convince them to buy from you by giving them a good offer which they can never seen anywhere else.