Is it better to use Coinbase as a wallet, or Binance?

Alberello75

Nowadays, more than ever, with the ever more frequent use of cryptocurrencies, we hear a lot about crypto-wallets. Of these there are many, however, which is the most convenient, well this I still have to figure out.
However, for now I would like to focus my attention on only two of these that I own. They are: Coinbase and Binance.
Of the two, I am preferring Coinbase as it seems quite easy to use in order to buy, sell and trade cryptocurrencies. But above all it has a user interface that is very intuitive to me.
Although Binance on the other hand seems to be one of the most used exchange wallets in the world, I don't find it easy to use at all. In fact, on this wallet there are many functions where most of these, I don't know what they are for.
I admit that I have a preference for Coinbase also because I am a beginner and therefore have little experience. But what would be your opinion when talking about these two crypto-wallets?

Etini

Valued Contributor
Binance and Coinbase are both popular cryptocurrency exchanges, but Binance is often preferred for a few reasons. One reason is that Binance offers a wider variety of cryptocurrencies to trade, including many smaller and lesser-known coins. Binance also has lower trading fees than Coinbase, which can be beneficial for active traders.

Additionally, Binance is known for its user-friendly interface and its ability to handle large trading volume. Binance also offers margin trading and lending, which are not available on Coinbase.

Furthermore, Binance has a mobile app that allows users to trade on-the-go. All these features make Binance more preferred choice for many cryptocurrency traders.

Alberello75

Binance and Coinbase are both popular cryptocurrency exchanges, but Binance is often preferred for a few reasons. One reason is that Binance offers a wider variety of cryptocurrencies to trade, including many smaller and lesser-known coins. Binance also has lower trading fees than Coinbase, which can be beneficial for active traders.

Additionally, Binance is known for its user-friendly interface and its ability to handle large trading volume. Binance also offers margin trading and lending, which are not available on Coinbase.

Furthermore, Binance has a mobile app that allows users to trade on-the-go. All these features make Binance more preferred choice for many cryptocurrency traders.
Well, finally thanks to you I was able to have clearer ideas about the convenience of using Binance rather than Coinbase.
While I have to admit that up until the last time I accessed it (therefore not a little time ago), I didn't find it easy to use Binance. But now I finally know that a user-friendly interface has been introduced and this should surely help me.
But the main question that obviously brings a benefit to me, as indeed to all users, therefore lies in the fact that the trading commissions are lower than on Coinbase.

niche

Verified member
I have a coinbase account, but the bitcoincash address provided was not accepted in some websites. At present for the last 10 days, there is a problem selling bitcoin for transfer to bank account. So I am considering opening a Binance account , and looking for a suitable referral link after researching the features. Is KYC required for the Binance account?

Alberello75

I have a coinbase account, but the bitcoincash address provided was not accepted in some websites. At present for the last 10 days, there is a problem selling bitcoin for transfer to bank account. So I am considering opening a Binance account , and looking for a suitable referral link after researching the features. Is KYC required for the Binance account?
Answering to your question, i.e. whether Binance has the KYC security system, I would say yes. In fact this wallet, in addition to the classic 2FA authentication, it asks for many other personal data and documents among which: personal information, facial recognition, proof of address and even the Government-issued ID.
Already for this reason, I find Binance very complicated for inexperienced users like me.
However, from what I can hear from many users and you're one of them, too, it seems certain that Binance is the best wallet out there at least right now.

seylen

Coinbase and Binance take security very seriously and offer various measures to protect your funds, such as two-factor authentication, cold storage, and security. Coinbase and Binance support a wide range of cryptocurrencies, but they do not support the same coins. Choosing a wallet depends on your individual needs and preferences.

Suba

Staff member
Which is better to use a Coinbase or Binance wallet. This answer is very relative and very dependent on the user, if from the first time a user uses Binance while trading crypto, of course he is familiar with all the features and easily and will be better off using Binance, Meanwhile Coinbase was originally established as a Bitcoin wallet, so it can easily be used by all users both beginners and experts. but personally I prefer Coinbase as a crypto wallet

cmoneyspinner

I had no success opening my account with Binance. Something went wrong duting the verification process. My BlockFi account was closed because that platform got caught in the FTX scam. The only account I have left is Coinbase. My choice was made for me.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
For some sites you are obliged to pass by Binance like RIF one (uptrendingsignals exchange thread) or for example Trendri or LumoxChange or Bizdustry (Sincerem exchange thread) and after that you could cash out from Binance to Coinbase if you wish.

I recommend that you keep your coins in a personal wallet rather than leaving them on an exchange. This is because exchanges can be vulnerable to hacks, which could result in your funds being stolen.

Now, when it comes to choosing a wallet, it really depends on your personal preference and experience with different platforms. Both Coinbase and Binance offer their own wallets, and they each have their own strengths.

Coinbase originally started as a Bitcoin wallet, so it's a popular choice for many users, both beginners and experts. It has a user-friendly interface and is easy to use for storing and sending crypto.

On the other hand, Binance is known for its intuitive user interface and wide range of supported cryptocurrencies. If you've used Binance to trade crypto before, you might find it easier to use their wallet as well.

Ultimately, it's up to you to decide which wallet you prefer to use. But again, it's important to remember that keeping your coins on an exchange comes with risks. So, it's recommended to transfer your funds to a personal wallet that you control the private keys to, and to always keep your private keys safe and secure.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Coinbase and Binance take security very seriously and offer various measures to protect your funds, such as two-factor authentication, cold storage, and security. Coinbase and Binance support a wide range of cryptocurrencies, but they do not support the same coins. Choosing a wallet depends on your individual needs and preferences.
It depends if the site offers Coinbase deposit and withdrawal to email coin base or the site offers deposit and withdrawal by Binance pay ID and sites yo are working on.

Alberello75

So, from what I'm reading, KYC verification on Binance seems to be important but currently optional and therefore not mandatory. On Coinbase I haven't even activated it, at least for the moment. However, in the first instance, even on Coinbase as on Binance, it is necessary to send personal documents such as an identity document and account statement (this can be the bank account or credit card statement) to be a verified user.

Alberello75

Which is better to use a Coinbase or Binance wallet. This answer is very relative and very dependent on the user, if from the first time a user uses Binance while trading crypto, of course he is familiar with all the features and easily and will be better off using Binance, Meanwhile Coinbase was originally established as a Bitcoin wallet, so it can easily be used by all users both beginners and experts. but personally I prefer Coinbase as a crypto wallet
So I admit that I am still quite a beginner in the exchange and sale of cryptocurrencies. But it is necessary for me to have a wallet through which I can collect satoshis that I can find on various websites such as mining simulators or faucets, in order to then transfer them to my PayPal account and consequently to my Italian debit card as Euro cash . For this reason, I know Coinbase quite well, but despite trying to learn how to use Binance because it seems to be more advantageous, I find it anything but easy to use.

Alberello75

For some sites you are obliged to pass by Binance like RIF one (uptrendingsignals exchange thread) or for example Trendri or LumoxChange or Bizdustry (Sincerem exchange thread) and after that you could cash out from Binance to Coinbase if you wish.

Forgive me but you mean "RIF" as Referral Index Forum website? Because if this is what you mean, you must know that it also pays on PayPal, upon reaching a minimum money threshold of at least $5. But if it's another site in question that you're talking about, then assume that I haven't told you anything about that topic.
Thank you.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Forgive me but you mean "RIF" as Referral Index Forum website? Because if this is what you mean, you must know that it also pays on PayPal, upon reaching a minimum money threshold of at least $5. But if it's another site in question that you're talking about, then assume that I haven't told you anything about that topic.
Thank you.
Exactly RIF is the abbreviation of Referral Index Forum. This term is popular in use between members of the community.

Fecoms

Administrator
Staff member
Weather to use Binance or Coinbase, the most preferred will be dependent on the user and the one that is most convenient for you. I have tested other wallet but decided to settle for Binance because it have a lot of features, though it could be a little bit complicated because of it many features.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Even though you can use Coinbase and Binance to send, receive and hold your crypto assets, these are not actually wallets. These are centralized exchange platforms, which means you do not have full control over your own assets. If you want to try a wallet, you can use Trust Wallet, which is a decentralized crypto wallet from Binance. You can also use Coinbase wallet which is a decentralized wallet from Coinbase. If you want to know whether you should use Co inbase or Binance, I suggest Binance. That's because Binance has more crypto assets and also more features. You can even stake and earn form reward pools

Alberello75

Weather to use Binance or Coinbase, the most preferred will be dependent on the user and the one that is most convenient for you. I have tested other wallet but decided to settle for Binance because it have a lot of features, though it could be a little bit complicated because of it many features.
Exactly, from what I understood by reading here in the forums, Binance is probably better than Coinbase in many respects, but precisely because it has many (and perhaps too many) features, I find it very complicated to use, this although I have heard that a user-friendly interface has been included. Also taking into consideration that the functions that I use on a wallet are limited and practically always the same.

Alberello75

Hi. I use only Coinbase, maybe sometimes Kraken. Never use Binance long.
You see, about Kraken I heard once from a user. From this I deduced that this wallet is not very popular when compared to Binance and Coinbase. But with this I absolutely do not mean to insinuate that it is not a valid exchange wallet only for the fact that I do not know it. But obviously if you use it even occasionally, you will surely know something more.