Business Ideas Is It A Good Idea To Sell Your Successful Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Starting and running a business is something many people do. It takes a lot of time and hard work to set up and run a business in your life. This is why many business try hard and try different things in order to improve their business. However, I have also heard about many people selling their business. usually a person might sell their business when they are not able to handle the business or when the business does not run in a successful manner. Of course any wise person who would buy a business would also consider many factors and see if buying a business is actually something that he or she must do.

A person might also sell business to other party when they think that they could gain profit by selling business and start a new business instead. They might not have enough capital to start a new business and this is why they prefer to sell their current business in order to gain the required capital. However, there are many cases of many people selling their successful business and I really do not know why would they do it when the business is generating profits. So, is it a good idea to sell your successful business?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The question is: if you have a business that's doing well, is it a good idea to sell it?

The answer is generally, no. It's much better to build a successful business on your own and then sell it.

The reason for this is that when you sell it, you give up the profits of the future. You'll often receive money now, but the value of that money will go down as time goes on.

The alternative is to build your business until it's worth way more than you could get by selling it today. At that point, you can sell your business and receive enough money to live on for the rest of your life.

A lot of entrepreneurs are doing this right now because they don't know how to build a successful business. If they had received advice like this when they were starting out, they wouldn't be in this situation.

Nonetheless, It is very difficult to sell a company you have built up over the years. The key to selling a business you have worked hard to build up is to be prepared. This means knowing your own business and being able to articulate why it is a good investment. It also means being professional in all your dealings with potential buyers. If you have successfully created and run a company, then you are capable of doing this, even if it feels daunting at first. If you are interested in selling your company, ensure you know the what you are doing.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There are many successful businesses here that were sold. The biggest fast food here is Jollibee which is trying to monopolize the fast food industry. They bought a big bakeshop, they also bought the franchise of Burger King here plus some other restaurants. The previously successful Chow King, a Chinese fast food was also bought by Jollibee. What is the point here? That a successful business can be bought if the price is right. Even in banks, the biggest bank here was very small 20 years ago. But the profits are used to buy shares of other banks that later on it was buying medium size banks left and right. The latest it bought was Equitable bank which was in the top 10 ranking of commercial banks. Now the biggest bank is so high that the #2 in the ranking has difficulty in matching the bigness of the biggest bank.

Those facts are proof that when the price is right the successful business will be sold.

Sarvic21

Banned
Starting and running a business is something many people do. It takes a lot of time and hard work to set up and run a business in your life. This is why many business try hard and try different things in order to improve their business. However, I have also heard about many people selling their business. usually a person might sell their business when they are not able to handle the business or when the business does not run in a successful manner. Of course any wise person who would buy a business would also consider many factors and see if buying a business is actually something that he or she must do.

A person might also sell business to other party when they think that they could gain profit by selling business and start a new business instead. They might not have enough capital to start a new business and this is why they prefer to sell their current business in order to gain the required capital. However, there are many cases of many people selling their successful business and I really do not know why would they do it when the business is generating profits. So, is it a good idea to sell your successful business?
I will not advice you to sell your business, you started it so you must work hard to make profit and enlarge the business. My English is not good so pardon me.