Is having a working experience necessary?

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is not only necessary but rather it is absolutely very important and beneficial . If you have good working experience and yet seeking for a job as a job applicant , there is absolutely every possibility that you stand a chance to get employed more than the many multitude who apply for the same job opportunity but without a working experience . Employers and managers are more likely to employ a job applicant or job seeker with good requisite experience about the kind of career or job he or she is about to take on . Practical application totally proves your competence and your capability and your ability to handle business goals and objectives as expected and as planned and also it helps you to accurately and correctly carryout business duties and responsibilities as assigned to you by your superiors or employers .

Having a good working experience is also not applied to white collar jobs alone during seeking for employment , but rather even establishing an offline business can totally use some good working experience . When you have good working experience before establishing a business of your own you stand a chance to be ahead of the competitive market . You also stand a chance to be effective and highly qualified in how presentable and representable your business products and goods and services impacts the lives and existence of members of the public .

NurseFlo

When I initially graduated from university I found it very tough to find a job as almost every job place required experience. So like most Filipino nurses do I volunteered for 1 year as an unpaid nurse and applied overseas. As years passed I acquired experience and well basically now the job finds me instead of me finding them.

Richee84

Having a work experience is an added advantage to once quality for employability.
Most employers of this days always want to opt for employee with experience to hire, this is simply because they don't want to invest time and money to train new employee again, so therefore they prefer the one that already know the job.
I don't actually think experience should be the major criteria in selecting employees but rather competent.
As a graduate one must start from somewhere to acquire knowledge, skills and get experience but if the young graduate are not given the chance to be employable.
Every organization should have a HR department. This department will be in charge of employment, staff training, staff welfare etc. They will help to bring in the young ones into the system, train them on the assigned job given to them before they start the work.
The training will help them to get experience in their line of duty and they will also be a trainer to other inexperienced one that might come in to join the job later in the future.
Experience employee should be needed only when the post of that person suddenly became vacant and no junior that can do the person duty.

King bell

VIP Contributor
I've often been asked in interviews about my experience, but I don't think this is necessarily an important question. Although I do have a background in working for myself, it wasn’t like being a teacher or anything like that. Here is why I think it is not important.

1. Working for yourself does not necessarily make you a better employee.

There are many people who have worked for themselves for years and still do not know how to take criticism, be accountable or be punctual, among many other important requirements of the job.

2. Start-ups are more valuable than established businesses.

If I had to choose between a small start-up company that is hungry to become bigger or a big company with too much bureaucracy then I would always choose the former. There is always something new and exciting happening in a start-up, whereas in an established business things might get stagnant from time to time.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Having experience is really great. It is something that all employers look for when employing their new workers. You need to show a proof previous work experiences so as to get employed.

That is why there is high need for one to try all things possible to look for work experience first before applying for those jobs that they want. Employers will consider you more than those with no experience.

Now, as a new graduate, you may wonder where you can get experience from. Well, you don't have to be employed to gain it. You can start by going for internships, volunteering and doing things that you live. They all can be used to proof your experience.

Now, experience is not only needed in order to get employed by someone else. You also need it when getting into self employment. Otherwise, if you are not skilled, you will only fail at the business that you are starting.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
There is a popular expression or saying that goes this way practice makes perfect and the reason why I bring it up in this thread is basically because we need to have requisite experience and proper knowledge about a particular skill or about a particular trade in order to make perfection of it . It is absolutely beneficial for an individual to have a working experience before establishing a business or before seeking for a job or a career . And the true fact is that employers are managers are more likely to employ an individual with a good working experience about the job he or she is seeking for .

On the other hand when we established our business with a good working experience we are more likely to start out in the competitive market or when encountering business rivals and business competitors . We are more likely to be accurate in handling our customers and also resolving any organisational customer related issues that may possibly occur while trying to carry out organisational activities and practices .

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yes having a work experience is indeed beneficial. There are many jobs that I applied online which had space to fill in details of your job experience(s).

Even in your curriculum vitae, it is advisable that you state your job experiences if available because it gives you an edge over others why?

Because first of all, it means you were fit for a job position and was even useful to an organization before them and that created the impression that you will be a valuable asset if employed.
Secondly, it means that you have an experience in your field meaning you won't come in as a fresher or a gate crasher but you will pick up your job with some level of expertise and experience. So involve in any thing available which will add to your job experience list in your Curriculum vitae or any other place it may be needed and useful.