Is Egg White Better Than The Complete Egg?

A K Rao

Nowadays people have developed a feeling that the Egg white is beneficial than the complete egg, because the dieticians they recommend the same to their clients.

After my Angioplasty my dietician advised me the same.

When I did some research I found the following facts which are interesting and I felt to share:

1.An Egg white contains only 17 calories of the energy, while it has 4 gm of protein to maintain the lean body weight.

2. Egg white is easily digested.

3. This is having enough of protein in maintaining and building the muscles.

4. Makes you feel fuller for a long time thus keeping away from food.

5. The egg white contains the perfect or complete protein, that means it is having all the amino acids required by the body which are to be taken from outside.

6. The egg white is not having any cholesterol.

7. It is having sodium, potassium, cobalamine, and Magnesium.

8. The egg white provides 6% of Vitamin B2 and 1% of Vitamin B5

9. This helps in keeping the Blood pressure low.

10. Experts recommend one egg white per day instead of a complete egg have, without any problem.

Last edited:

arunima25

Verified member
Yes, they generally advice to go for egg whites if you are going for a protein rich diet. Yolk or yellow part of egg is rich in cholesterol and fat. And that's why they discourage it in any of the diet plans that focus on protein rich diet for certain goals. But if one is pretty healthy and has eggs as part of balanced diet, one can go for a complete egg.. yellow of eggs do have their own goodness unless you are advised to stay away from it for specific reasons.

A K Rao

Yes, they generally advice to go for egg whites if you are going for a protein rich diet. Yolk or yellow part of egg is rich in cholesterol and fat. And that's why they discourage it in any of the diet plans that focus on protein rich diet for certain goals. But if one is pretty healthy and has eggs as part of balanced diet, one can go for a complete egg.. yellow of eggs do have their own goodness unless you are advised to stay away from it for specific reasons.
Now a days the experts believe that the dietary cholesterol doesn't really effect the blood cholesterol. So the cholesterol in the yolk really shouldn't make any difference to the blood cholesterol. Some experts also believe that the cholesterols in the yolk are good one in nature and are good for health!

arunima25

Verified member
Now a days the experts believe that the dietary cholesterol doesn't really effect the blood cholesterol. So the cholesterol in the yolk really shouldn't make any difference to the blood cholesterol. Some experts also believe that the cholesterols in the yolk are good one in nature and are good for health!
That comes as a surprise to me that dietary cholesterol doesn't effect blood cholesterol. I know that it has to do mainly with the genetics and lifestyle but still it was believed that diet is equally important.
Cholesterol in yolk are good and our body needs good cholesterol in adequate amount. When we start feeding eggs to babies, it is advised to start with yolk as that's good for babies. Also it won't cause any allergic reaction as whites in eggs do. They carry albumin, the protein that many people might be allergic to.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My nephew is into body building lately and my cousin said that his son is eating 10 egg whites every day. That is to gain weight and develop muscles. The yolk is not good for building muscles because it has a lot of cholesterol. I am not a doctor and I do not know about that. But my nephew was eating the egg white based on his learning (in body building).

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Nowadays people have developed a feeling that the Egg white is beneficial than the complete egg, because the dieticians they recommend the same to their clients.

After my Angioplasty my dietician advised me the same.

When I did some research I found the following facts which are interesting and I felt to share:

1.An Egg white contains only 17 calories of the energy, while it has 4 gm of protein to maintain the lean body weight.

2. Egg white is easily digested.

3. This is having enough of protein in maintaining and building the muscles.

4. Makes you feel fuller for a long time thus keeping away from food.

5. The egg white contains the perfect or complete protein, that means it is having all the amino acids required by the body which are to be taken from outside.

6. The egg white is not having any cholesterol.

7. It is having sodium, potassium, cobalamine, and Magnesium.

8. The egg white provides 6% of Vitamin B2 and 1% of Vitamin B5

9. This helps in keeping the Blood pressure low.

10. Experts recommend one egg white per day instead of a complete egg have, without any problem.
Ok now I have been able to understand why 1 couples that is living closer to us do not take the yellow egg yolk. Most of the time they do take the white one because they believe that the white one is even more nutritious .I didn't even understand the nutritional value that you have just mentioned here. Thanks so much.

Xachima

Eating egg white alone is the best because it takes the yoke like 3days to digest that is why it is advisable not to eat too much of egg but eating egg white alone regularly doesn't have a side effect