Is Bitcoin really not for everyone?

deucher

When I started my journey in crypto, I focused my main attention on altcoins because at that time they were easier for me, but when the bear market started, all altcoins fell very much relative to bitcoin and I decided to switch and focus only on it, but you need to invest in bitcoin for the long term and decided to start trading in the short term, and due to high volatility, I lost a lot of money precisely on bitcoin, so I decided to return to altcoins, which are less volatile for me in everyday trading. So what are your thoughts or bitcoin for everyone?

BashirJasper

My answer in one breathe is "yes" but crypto will always be volatile not just BTC. Though what I come to realize is how to manage your risk and take advantage of "copy-trading" to increase your chances of navigating through the bear

MichelleAnt

When I started my journey in crypto, I focused my main attention on altcoins because at that time they were easier for me, but when the bear market started, all altcoins fell very much relative to bitcoin and I decided to switch and focus only on it, but you need to invest in bitcoin for the long term and decided to start trading in the short term, and due to high volatility, I lost a lot of money precisely on bitcoin, so I decided to return to altcoins, which are less volatile for me in everyday trading. So what are your thoughts or bitcoin for everyone?
the crypto is not just bitcoin but bitcoin is the main crypto. When BTC falls, alt coins falls. With bitcoin you need to be patient, buy and hold it. And invest only the money you can afford to lose

Eva Green

This is what many people go through in their journey with cryptocurrency. Volatility has hit us all hard, and especially I can relate to the thought of switching to altcoins/bitcoin.

Bash4j

I guess I will say it's a capital No. Bitcoin is more accessible, with more exchanges, more merchants, more software, and more hardware that support it. Bitcoin is far more liquid, with much larger volumes than every altcoin. Bitcoin has the largest developer ecosystem with more software and more implementations than any altcoin. Bitcoin has the most entrepreneurs creating companies around it with a lot of intellect, dedication, and creativity going toward making it more useful. In my opinion aside from low cap gems like RNDR, BGB, and a few others sprouting potential and steady price trend, there can't be any other crypto worth holding than Bitcoin

BashirJasper

This is what many people go through in their journey with cryptocurrency. Volatility has hit us all hard, and especially I can relate to the thought of switching to altcoins/bitcoin.
Yeah but now it's the time to pay more attention to BTC price action moreso when SEC ahs postponed the approval of BTC spot ETF till 2024 which coincides to the year of Bitcoin halving. This is gonna trigger a huge price action for BTC and other alt

Eva Green

Yeah but now it's the time to pay more attention to BTC price action moreso when SEC ahs postponed the approval of BTC spot ETF till 2024 which coincides to the year of Bitcoin halving. This is gonna trigger a huge price action for BTC and other alt
Absolutely, this coincidence will be unfolding some great opportunities for holders of BTC and other altcoins, So patience is the key as always.

BashirJasper

Absolutely, this coincidence will be unfolding some great opportunities for holders of BTC and other altcoins, So patience is the key as always.
Yeah, for now I'll continue staking(on MetaMask) and doing my copytrading(on bitget and okx) till the bulls arrive hopefully next year

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
In my opinion,
BTC is for those who have a fat portfolio!

For retailers, Altcoins are simply safe haven where retailers can make a sh*t tons of money on spot(If actions take accordingly)...

Imagine, someone took necessary steps up the listing of this one ~ IMG_20231002_201833.jpg

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
the crypto is not just bitcoin but bitcoin is the main crypto. When BTC falls, alt coins falls. With bitcoin you need to be patient, buy and hold it. And invest only the money you can afford to lose
Well said! Every crypto will move with BTC because all of those are somehow connected/paired with BTC...
It's a trader's choose where to hold or sideline after doing proper analysis.
It's better to take a little loss than hodling for 3/4 years. Imagine hodling this over these months: IMG_20231002_202525.jpg
There are several methods to minimize/overcome the loss DCA is one of those.

But,isn't it better to hop on now in this bear market?