Is betting a business or a gambling?

Nicklas22

Betting is a very bad business to start because I haven't heard from anyone or anywhere where someone becomes a Billionaire through betting

Betting is a devilish spirit that will will make you to lose your hard earn money
Betting is not something I will advise anyone to involve himself or herself in because it will make you to regret everyday

It's better to go to orphanage home and buy food items for the children than using my money to gamble because I know I will definitely lose the money

Betting on sport such as football, basketball cricket and so many sports is very difficult, so I don't indulge myself in such act.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I'm always surprised seeing many youths taking football betting as a career. Sometimes when you wake up early in the morning you will many young guys lining up at the betting center to register their slip as if this is their job. I realized that majority of them are making some sustainable income from this, that's why you can still see them with it.
Many of these people prefer to use their money to bet rather than investing it perhaps because of uncertainty and the fear of business failure . Can we now call this gambling a business since these people have already taken it like one?
Betting is nothing but pure gambling, you cannot refer to it as a business in any way. It is based on luck you're predicting the outcome of a particular event and placing your money on it. That is totally different from business, gambling has a 90% probability of going the other way. That is why many people lose money to it than they gain. Only a tiny fraction of people make money in betting why the rest are just enriching the bookmakers. Gambling can also be very addictive and it can ruin one's life financially. Therefore gambling can never be compared with business.

elhaam

I'm always surprised seeing many youths taking football betting as a career. Sometimes when you wake up early in the morning you will many young guys lining up at the betting center to register their slip as if this is their job. I realized that majority of them are making some sustainable income from this, that's why you can still see them with it.
Many of these people prefer to use their money to bet rather than investing it perhaps because of uncertainty and the fear of business failure . Can we now call this gambling a business since these people have already taken it like one?
Yes off course betting a business is a gambling. Gambling may be profitable and may be loss full and it depends on our prediction that in which way we have bet

Johnnyb4btc

Let love and light leads. .
The fact remains that everything in life is a Gamble. You going out and the probability of you returning is a Gamble. Every offline business or online business is also a Gamble because you are not 100% sure of the business succeeding but you are working and hoping it will. So to me it depends on how you handle whatsoever business you are doing. I know people that have turned betting to business. They always make profit every month. And when I say profit I mean money they can't make working for someone else. And I have seen some that make losses every week.
Every business have rules, so is betting. If you follow the rules of betting then you can actually turn it into business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Betting is gambling. And the fact is that in a broad way, business is also gambling. Gambling involves taking risk that you are not sure of the outcome. The only difference between the two is that, the success of your business or even the failure lie if not hundred percent solely on your hands. You may decide to work harder and determine to make it a success or you decide to make it a failure. But in betting, your success or failure lie in the hands of what you are betting on. You may be lucky the game go your way or unlucky and lose everything. In conclusion, business is a gambling play and determine by you while betting is a gambling play by you but determine by the third party.

Donkiz

There are lots of people that have taken this betting thing as their job, they stay for hours checking stats of different teams, analyzing their sporting forms, the quality of players in each team, and how good a team is both in home matches and away games.

Armed with those statistics, they will then predict what they believe the outcome of each match will be. In most cases, their predictions usually turn to be wrong, but they keep betting and hoping to get it right one day.

This is how the life of a real bettor is, and that is 100% gambling. The only person that is doing business there is the owner of the betting shop and the owner of the betting company, every other person are just gamblers.