Investing or owing a Business which would you prefer?

Queentener

I love doing business, and have been into it since my school days, I must tell you owning a business is not an easy task, but if you love owning a business you will not mind the stress all you will be looking at is the greater picture of making the business successful. Investing/ investment on the other hand is quite easy and stress free, for instance you can invest in real estate and just sit back and enjoy your profit, without having to worry about how to meet up with customers demand or worry about how to improve the quality of services rendered. So recently I sat down to compare the two and I came to a conclusion that, those who can't go through the stress of owning a business are better off with investment while those who love and doesn't see business as stress should venture into it. At the end everyone is trying to make money so why not make it in a way that is comfortable for you. I will appreciate your views.

Khezo

Well I do think they are both good. To own a business is most times better than investing into one. But if we're to consider the stress one would undergo to set up that business and bring it to the public, to achieve the required success then investment would be tag the better option . But they are both good way to making profits, if you can't really face the stress of owning a business then investment is the best option

springtech

I love doing business, and have been into it since my school days, I must tell you owning a business is not an easy task, but if you love owning a business you will not mind the stress all you will be looking at is the greater picture of making the business successful. Investing/ investment on the other hand is quite easy and stress free, for instance you can invest in real estate and just sit back and enjoy your profit, without having to worry about how to meet up with customers demand or worry about how to improve the quality of services rendered. So recently I sat down to compare the two and I came to a conclusion that, those who can't go through the stress of owning a business are better off with investment while those who love and doesn't see business as stress should venture into it. At the end everyone is trying to make money so why not make it in a way that is comfortable for you. I will appreciate your views.
From my little experience in life i have seen that the greatest mistake any one can make is to commit his hard earned money to the care and control of another who might not even be trusted or have what it takes to run a business better than you, he might not even have your interest at heart and worst still he might be out there to dupe and scam people of their hard earned money. So why should one commit his money to such people? That is why i will always support the idea of running your business, invest in it as much as you can, as you can always monitor your business and put in all the energy and drive required to see it succeed.

D

Deleted member 30343

I love doing things my own way, hence I prefer owning a business, because what ever effort I make I know it worth it.

Haypril

Investment and Business are like minds. Taking a closer look at both terms we will all agreed that both term are the same thing because of the end result which is making income from your money. If you have a good business plan and has considered the factors involved in setting up a business, then you can go into the business, investing the money you have.

D

Deleted member 27126

There is neither of the two that is not risky and profitable at the same time. If you invest in a business already established by someone, you really do not have much to worry about as the success or failure of the business does not really affect you only if you are a preference share holder but if you are the owner of your business, a lot of things could make you want to consider the risks involved.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I prefer to own my own business than investing in other business. With your own business you would be tackling the pressure yourself and try to make the business work but others might not do same then allows their business to collapse and the money one invested might go in vain. So owning a business for me

Segat

Well I think owing a business is also a form of investment even though I know you can be an investor without being the owner of the business. The disadvantage of owing your business is that you will be actively involved both financially and technically.

Hena101

Both of them are important considering our difference in understanding and also difference in how we like to do things some may prefer businesses while other prefer investment. But as for me i will do both because they carry different advantage which i may like to have both the knowledge. But i will first start with business and when I'm well grounded then i will begin to invest in different place at the same time doing my business

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Business and investment are definitely related. Business is something you do on daily basis that fetches you money and pays your bills and also balances your financial situation. Investment on the other hand is putting your money on something expecting a higher return in the nearest future. There are two types of investment, long-term investment and short-term investment.

Georgeadawara

Both of them are good but it depends on how active you are to start a business or for those that are less busy it will be good to start or own business that for you to invest. But for those that are in any work like government work they can invest because they may not have enough time for business activities. They may be always busy at work and the aspects of business need more time and effort.

marcusfe

I prefer owning my own business because it gives me total control of the activities. When you're the owner of your business, you can decide how best to run the business and if run properly the profit to make will be bigger than investing. Investment only gives you an opportunity to earn from someone else business which you don't have guarantee of success. When you invest in a particular business anything can happen.

Highflyer

I prefer owning my own business, investment is like a third party scheme, you don't get to make your own decisions unlike when you own a business, you just get your ROI. Having your own business gives you total control over any decision that will be taken, you even get to seek for investors to partner with your business.

eojo2401

owning a business of my choice is what I value and cherish so much. If I owned a business, am the boss of my self, I will give hundreds percent attentions to the business, I can go extra mile and worked overtime to see that the business is booming. But if am only investor in a business ventures, I will only contribute my share of responsibility to the business because the business doesn't not belong to me alone.

Godslamp

Investing or starting a business is just like the two sides a coin none is better. There's as much risk in investing as it is in starting up a business. Most importantly what matters is the passion with which it is being fueled. Which ever one that works for u is good for u so it depends on individual preference

Victor001

Funny enough I run the two and I can say,they are both important,but if I am to make a choice i will always stick to business rather than investment, business you are in full control,you can decide what happens, you can choose to open and when not to open in investment this is not the case has your earning can be tampered with by irregularities.

Rachael

Verified member
Investing in a business literally have to do with a third-party. There are cases where an individual has a great business idea and plan but the finances are limited or unavailable and in such cases, they opt for investors. When it comes to investing in a business, the investor would only receive some interest rate upon legalized agreement. The return on investment also known as the ROI is usually given to the investor either on a monthly or yearly basis. In this case, the investor does not really have a full say over how the business should be run and it also gives the investor ample opportunity to invest in other array of businesses. I prefer owning a business to myself because I have the zeal and motivation to run a business successfully despite its challenges. Some investors are only scared of the risks and challenges of businesses, so they opt to become investors because the challenges would be borne by the business owner and not by them. In reality, even becoming an investor is quite risky as well because there are some cases where the business owner kicks the bucket and is no more existing. In such case, the business investor has lost a whole lot of capital and profits.

E

eldavis

Personally I would prefer having both. Like I always say, there is no law that stops you form having more than one source of income. It would be best to have an investment for yourself and as well a business you are doing. Though we do not pray for that but investment could go wrong at anytime, or it might not come out the way you had hope it would. A business would be a good way to support yourself.

Stena

I run my business and have also made little investments here and there. If both can be coupled, then one can go ahead with it.
If I am to choose between the two, I would go prefer to invest in another's business. I am not so good at risk bearing, I prefer another to take the risk for me despite the outcome of the investment. I think that is the main reason I do both investments and my own business.
A number of people would prefer to run their own businesses because they want to be the boss, taking responsibilities alone and overseeing their businesses without a second party. It is cool if you are a good business manager, able to minimize losses and bear risks.
Running a business has its own pros and cons just like making investments does.
When settling for investments, one has to be careful to avoid losing money to the wrong investments. When settling for a business, one has to make the right choice of business to avoid it folding up in no long time.
Which ever one wants to settle for, good and careful thought should be given to it to avoid regrets later. This is my opinion.

SANIA

I prefer investing my time, money and efforts in building a sustainable business that can earn commisisons for me for lifetime.
I know that in order to make that work I have to work for a huge amount of time and put real efforts for a long time before it can be achieved.

Business is not easy, you have to act wisely or you will loose evrerything. But the challenges with business also excites me. It keeps me moving. The idea of loosing something keeps me active and I always think of ways to act better and to improve constantly.

Investment is also not easy. One has to make sure that the platform in which a person is investing money is legit and profitable. One has to constantly check things too to avoid scam. But it is more hassle free and easy then active business sources.