Investing in land or cryptocurrency?

Edulet

I have a reasonable amount of money I would like to invest, either in land or cryptocurrency. Which of these two investments is the better one, in your opinion? Within the next three to four years, I would like to see a return on my investment, whether it be from cryptocurrency or real estate. Please kindly advise.

E

eldavis

I don't really know much on crypto currency and I am not that much of an expert when it comes to land but one thing I do know is that both investments are very lucrative and have their share of risk. Investing in crypto currency would be a great idea if you have good knowledge in crypto and you are able to invest at the right time. If you don't have an idea on crypto it would be best you go into land investment instead. I am very sure you would still get good returns in the next two to three years.

Suba

Staff member
Before deciding to buy an investment instrument, be it land or crypto or other types of investment, you should know your risk profile. If you are a conservative type, you should choose holding or real estate, whereas if you are an aggressive type, you can choose crypto. Apart from that, you need to consider the skills in which you have more control over the investment instrument. Crypto values have high fluctuations and are risky. profit and risk will be comparable. Meanwhile, land/real estate prices will always rise every year but your life will be calmer. If you are a crypto expert, of course crypto will be more profitable in the next 3 or four years.

Phantasm

Banned
A distinct property of investing in land and cryptocurrency is that they have contrasting risk and return characteristics. Land is a tangible asset with limited supply, stability and income prospects which makes it an ideal long term investment. Conversely, cryptocurrency is highly volatile, market sentiment driven, has the potential for high returns and higher liquidity. It works based on decentralized blockchain technology hence it attracts those who are interested in alternative financial systems. In order to make an informed decision, it is vital to consider the risk tolerance, diversification, research, regulatory environment as well as investment horizon. Real estate is often regarded as a long-term investment while cryptocurrency might be for those with short horizons. It is necessary to consult financial professionals during this process and also do adequate research first before any decisions can be made concerning investments.

Edulet

Thanks for your input. With the current fluctuation of Cryptocurrency it scaring and also tempting to invest in Crypto.

I once had 3000USD Bitcoin but lost about 1500USD when the market dropped from 60k to 30k. Imagine I invested that amount landed property I believe I would have made reasonable amount of money by now.

Am still considering which one to decide on with my savings of $1700.