Investing at tender age, how possible?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The mistake people make is that they only believe that business can be managed at any age. They always cite the examples of some successful business people that started at gender age and have made it in their respective career. But most of the time, these people they cited are of advanced countries origin.
However, as a realist, I don't think think this is possible in African counties for a tender age youth to start a business and still thrive. The reasons for my claim is not that far fetched. To be frank, I am not in any way against starting buinsess earlier of one's age. I am only asking people that want to start a business earlier to consider the following factors before taking that step.
The first thing to be considered is psychological fitness. To be psychologically fit, one need to have reached the age of 18 which is legal age in most countries. Being psychologically fit will help the teen on how to separate sentiment from his business. I don't think any age under the legal age can be this composed.
Also, being financial buoyant should be the next thing to be considered and this factor militate against starting business at any age. Before one can be at least finacially buoyant, the person should be at least close to 20 years, especially in Africa.
All these factors to me are the ones that won't make starting business at tender age possible. However the opinion is solely mine and not of general opinion. So I am expecting constructive criticism from the readers and not destructive ones. And also, I write this article based on African experience and not globally.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I am a cryptocurrency investors and a crypto trader and from all indication I wish I started cryptocurrency earlier at least at my tender age or when I was in high school, sometimes seeing the best investment and investing it on time is always the best option, but whatever the case maybe anytime you see an opportunity don't think it is late.

Ralphjoe

Making investment decisions at a tender age is not very natural for most people at that age because they don't have enough capital for such an investment instead it is what their parents can set up for them. I have a neighbour that bought shares in one of the most biggest company in my country for his children. I have heard that the shares are now worth millions.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am a cryptocurrency investors and a crypto trader and from all indication I wish I started cryptocurrency earlier at least at my tender age or when I was in high school, sometimes seeing the best investment and investing it on time is always the best option, but whatever the case maybe anytime you see an opportunity don't think it is late.
Do you think you would have better handled money then. Do you think someone like 15 or 16 years can handle huge amount of money.? That's even fairer because it is an online business. My main focus in the article is offline business. I don't think someone that's under 18 can handle customers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Do you think you would have better handled money then. Do you think someone like 15 or 16 years can handle huge amount of money.? That's even fairer because it is an online business. My main focus in the article is offline business. I don't think someone that's under 18 can handle customers.
I don't see anything wrong .A sixteen-year-old youth can actually handle money very well and in crypto trading you don't handle it physically because you only invest in cryptocurrency with good potential and allow it to grow but when it comes to offline business it is not likely to be possible , I understand your point.

Maks25

One of the very essential things that you are able to do as an investor is to get an early start.
Investing is understood to be making an investment in order to make a profit, and bringing in that profit will probably not be much more difficult to do if you get an early beginning. The advantages are numerous and can not be missed, although investing at a young age isn't always difficult. so investing young is very good

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
One of the very essential things that you are able to do as an investor is to get an early start.
Investing is understood to be making an investment in order to make a profit, and bringing in that profit will probably not be much more difficult to do if you get an early beginning. The advantages are numerous and can not be missed, although investing at a young age isn't always difficult. so investing young is very good
when it comes into investment it is always advisable for you to invest early because there are some investment that can take years to yield a reasonable profit,investing early in any form of investment if you have money is always the best as far as I understand.. I wish I had an idea of the investment I'm investing now years ago.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't write against investing at younger age neither I am against it. I am only asking how possible is it for young age to start a business and not investment. Do you think a young age will know how to handle many customers effectively. Don't you think maturity will be at his disadvantage? That's my point and not investment.

Briangsam

Investing at a tender age is something that is almost impossible. This is because a kid can not be financially prudent at such young age. Some can save money, yes, but not handling hundreds of thousands of money from business. So it is not a natural thing with kids. Unless their parents help out though.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Investing at a tender age is something that is almost impossible. This is because a kid can not be financially prudent at such young age. Some can save money, yes, but not handling hundreds of thousands of money from business. So it is not a natural thing with kids. Unless their parents help out though.
That's my point of view but it seems some don't get it. They do believe I am against tender age investment. Whereas I am thinking of the possibility of the tender age investment. Thanks for sharing the same opinion with me.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am an advocate of saving money and I agree that it is better to teach the youngsters at an early age. My first bank account was opened when I was 12 and a freshman in high school. That was the big start although I was already saving money in my piggy bank since I was 9 or 10. Anyway, until now that I am a senior, I still have that habit of saving which I find very beneficial.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am an advocate of saving money and I agree that it is better to teach the youngsters at an early age. My first bank account was opened when I was 12 and a freshman in high school. That was the big start although I was already saving money in my piggy bank since I was 9 or 10. Anyway, until now that I am a senior, I still have that habit of saving which I find very beneficial.
Same thing as mine. But I don't think you get what I said. I am saying it is difficult to handle business at tender age. Imagine if you start a business at tender age, it is either you will mismanage that money or you become proud because of the huge money you would have recieved from the money.