In what ways do members contribute to a site's failure?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Many times, we have seen some websites that do not stand the test of time. They pay members in the early days when they started, but as time goes on the site will just close, or the admin would forsake the site, not responding to members or paying them again, which clearly indicate the site has failed.

Some argue that the members of those sites were the ones who led to the site not being able last for long, while others think it is usually the fault of the site owner who may have failed to properly regulate members activity and implement policies that would ensure defaulters are sent off.

Do you believe members can contribute to a site failure, in what ways could they be doing this?

They definitely can. On forums a lot of people post comments that do not add value to a topic because they want to earn and they know that even saying something pointless will earn them money. The topics become stale and people leave to find something more interesting. Also writing spam posts is very off putting. I notice there were a lot when I first joined this site but it seems there have been a lot of members who are posting interesting content now and the spam is becoming less.

I think generally it is all about producing quality content that is interesting and engaging to help increase the membership and traffic and the one at the center stage is the admin of the site who should do alot of moderation to ensure set guidelines are followed consistently by the members although the site owner has to be partial at times because mistakes will always be there but the ultimate punishment for minor mistakes should not be a ban from accessing the site unless those who go against the site ideologies with intention. This will help members not fear but be open to learn and change and in the end it will be a win win situation.

Many times, we have seen some websites that do not stand the test of time. They pay members in the early days when they started, but as time goes on the site will just close, or the admin would forsake the site, not responding to members or paying them again, which clearly indicate the site has failed.

Some argue that the members of those sites were the ones who led to the site not being able last for long, while others think it is usually the fault of the site owner who may have failed to properly regulate members activity and implement policies that would ensure defaulters are sent off.

Do you believe members can contribute to a site failure, in what ways could they be doing this?
Members can contribute to the failure of a forum site that was paying through too many spam messages. That's why we need to act responsible and post real and meaningfully, and not bumping the site with unsolicited messages that lack adequate information. We need to make researches before posting threads to any site that is paying for our activities. Researches will enable us to post clean with proof of evidence, that will help promote the site and add value to the readers life.

They definitely can. On forums a lot of people post comments that do not add value to a topic because they want to earn and they know that even saying something pointless will earn them money. The topics become stale and people leave to find something more interesting. Also writing spam posts is very off putting. I notice there were a lot when I first joined this site but it seems there have been a lot of members who are posting interesting content now and the spam is becoming less.
You are right, some members post about sites that claim to pay them, but you won't get to see any payment proof. Others post sites that have suspicious offers, like earning $50 daily which we all know it is not possible. At least not on sites that do not have enough offerwalls.

I believe the admins of this site are doing their best to make sure those spammers are gotten rid off.
We can also help the admins by reporting those unsolicited posts. This will help avoid a situation where admin will make strict policies that will affect even the innocent ones.

When you register to a site the first thing you need to do is to read the terms and conditions of the site, this is what most new users don't do and at the end of the day end up posting contents that's against the rules of the site, take for instance a site owner says don't post links, there is a reason why he ask that of his member but people can't be managed, you find out that that same link is what most people will start posting and this things contribute to site failures most often.

When you register to a site the first thing you need to do is to read the terms and conditions of the site, this is what most new users don't do and at the end of the day end up posting contents that's against the rules of the site, take for instance a site owner says don't post links, there is a reason why he ask that of his member but people can't be managed, you find out that that same link is what most people will start posting and this things contribute to site failures most often.
You are right about this, I do not seem to understand what is hard in taking one's time to read the guidelines of any earning site you join. This is why I feel bad whenever some people I refer ask some kind of questions that they shouldn't ask. Most people are just too lazy to read.

If anyone wants to talk about an earning site, it is best to take your time and create a thread to make a review about the site. Then include payment proof to make it more appealing for people to join.

When members lose interest in a site they start doing all sorts of things that are not right. And most times what causes members to act like this is because of what they are getting out of the site. They are not gaining anything, the informations are useless and it adds no meaning to their lives except for the few bucks they are paid. For example I have seen posts of sites that members claim they earn $50 every day, although some try them out we all know that it can't be true. So if something of this sort gets out of hand, everyone becomes non challant and start acting contrary to the sites purpose. So members can cause a sites failure.