In business, the end justifies the means.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Managing a business is the most difficult part of business organization. In fact, maintaining it is more do gf rich than sourcing money for it. It needs to be done with all methods one can think of.

I grew up reading Machiavelli's and Robert Green's books. These book put much effort on the end and not the means. And any successfully business owners must learn how to mind the end and not the means.

To be a successful business owner, we need to learn how to outsmart others using any method we can think of whether morally or immorally. I have seen advertisement where a brand is downplaying another brand.

It is morally play to point out propagandas about you competitors. Don't think of moral when you are trying to outshine your competitors. Examples is what you can see in Nigeria, where BUA cement owner is publishing bad sides of Dangote cement to promote his.

I do not see the need for this kind of strategy as a way of attaining significant success in one's business. When you said whether morally or immorally then you should agree that those who do money rituals in order to get some start up capital and grow should not be penalized by law enforcement agencies.
It is best to only do what is permitted by law and establish good relationship between your business and other competitors.

I do not see the need for this kind of strategy as a way of attaining significant success in one's business. When you said whether morally or immorally then you should agree that those who do money rituals in order to get some start up capital and grow should not be penalized by law enforcement agencies.
It is best to only do what is permitted by law and establish good relationship between your business and other competitors.
You may get the concept wrong. I am talking about managing business and not starting up business. While managing your business, you don't follow moral. You need to outshine your business competitors with any means you can think of. Trying to play by moral may not yield enough success that you can think of. I hope you know the game BMF played with bizdustry. That's when you need to know that end justifies the means.

Companies been having issues condoning themselves. All they do is, look for pitfalls for the other. They despise competitions or competitors. And I have noticed, it's these smaller companies that are trying every means to make sure they destroy bigger ones. Infact, there are some companies that are rooted and it will be very impossible for these smaller companies to pull them down.

Companies been having issues condoning themselves. All they do is, look for pitfalls for the other. They despise competitions or competitors. And I have noticed, it's these smaller companies that are trying every means to make sure they destroy bigger ones. Infact, there are some companies that are rooted and it will be very impossible for these smaller companies to pull them down.
Your observation is right but I want to differ with your assertion. In the right sense, small companies are always the victims. Most time big companies always try their means to make sure that those small companies don't grow because they are scared those companies may take their shine away. This justifies the fact that moral is not always needed in business.

This post reminds me of the fight two newspaper companies had in my home country a couple of years ago. The fight started with the pricing. When one newspaper reduced the price and sales picked up, another newspaper company took the bone. But later these two companies settled their fight, and started wiping out smaller companies.

This post reminds me of the fight two newspaper companies had in my home country a couple of years ago. The fight started with the pricing. When one newspaper reduced the price and sales picked up, another newspaper company took the bone. But later these two companies settled their fight, and started wiping out smaller companies.
That's the plan. It is hardly you see big companies giving chances for competition let alone allow small companies to thrive. They do all what they can do to make sure they stifle the smaller companies. And this is allowed. At the end, no one will ask you how you do it, they are only concern about the result.

I agree in being smarter than the competitors because business is usually a competition unless it is a monopoly. When you have difficulty in the stiff competition of the business what you can do is to come up with a counteraction against the competitor. You can either think of another way or simply to imitate the competitor's strategy.

We don't have yo criticise anyone's business in order to sell. We should try to promote our own business to beat others own through advertisement digitally and traditionally. Criticising others business just to gain fame and popularity through our business and record enough sales isn't a good one at all. We should always remember the law of karma when indulging in such act.

This statement can actually be very true provided that the means are from legal ways or ones that do not affect you at the end of the day. What it is indirectly saying is that what you might plan out initially might not actually be the way forward for your business so it is important that you make slight changes to plants along the way.