Importation v. Exportation business which is better ?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
For any economy to really thrive it must have alot to do with importation and exportation as there are areas where a country will certainly have comparative advantage over others and there will some other areas of absolute advantage as propounded by Adams Smith and David Ricardo.

For many they might consider importation as the process of bringing in goods and services into a country, from another country. Sometimes goods brought in are sold at a lower or higjer price depending on the absolute or comparative advantage of the country. Of course we kmow high level of importation does the economy of a country no good.

While exportation is the process of sending goods and service of a country to another country. This indeed brings benefit to a country as it attracts foreign exchange.

Which do you consider better?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is only a failed country thay depends more on importation. Hardly you will see a developed country depending on the importation. Exportation without any doubt, is better because it is the surest way of fetching money for the country. Through exportation, local markets are developed to meet the expectations of the exportation. There is no doubt that importation is always a means of killing local markets. So I don't see any good in it.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
It is only a failed country thay depends more on importation. Hardly you will see a developed country depending on the importation. Exportation without any doubt, is better because it is the surest way of fetching money for the country. Through exportation, local markets are developed to meet the expectations of the exportation. There is no doubt that importation is always a means of killing local markets. So I don't see any good in it.
You are right my brother, that is the truth over dependency on importation is the one of the major attribute of a failed country. It is only a country that has nothing to offer that depends solely or majority on importation of which I believe God deposited some sort of resources in every country. It is only left for those in charge to see it and tap into it.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Exportation is the best option because it shows how productive the country is, unlike some countries that do not produce anything but have to rely on other countries for everything they need. This is not to say that importation is totally bad though since citizens still make money from importing to resell goods.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If you are thinking of starting it yourself for the sole purpose of making profit i will suggest for you to go into importation of products into the country,if it is going to be with a group of trusted organisation then exporting of raw materials out of the country is profitable,it depends on the country you are and it also depends on the amount of money you have to start.

IamDozzy

Speaking from an economist point of view, exportation is far better than importation due to the fact that exportation positively affects the economy of the country. Importation is good but it doesn't encourage local producers to work hard and produce quality substitute. In developing countries, most people prefer imported foreign goods to locally produced goods and this discourages local manufacturers. However, it exportation is encouraged, local producers would sit up and produce quality goods.

funmi

Verified member
Importation is very profitable but I think exportation is more profitable as long as the business or products is needed where you are exporting it to. More so, exportation is very better than importation because it will help to boost or improve your your country's economy. So I believe exportation is better and more profitable than importation.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Both importation and exportation business is lucrative but it is largely dependent on the kind of country you are operating on. there are some countries that if you import some goods and services then you will definitely be making a lot of prophet and there are some countries that has abundant resources like China then exporting those products will definitely be the best because you will be making a lot of profit.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For any economy to really thrive it must have alot to do with importation and exportation as there are areas where a country will certainly have comparative advantage over others and there will some other areas of absolute advantage as propounded by Adams Smith and David Ricardo.

For many they might consider importation as the process of bringing in goods and services into a country, from another country. Sometimes goods brought in are sold at a lower or higjer price depending on the absolute or comparative advantage of the country. Of course we kmow high level of importation does the economy of a country no good.

While exportation is the process of sending goods and service of a country to another country. This indeed brings benefit to a country as it attracts foreign exchange.

Which do you consider better?
I think the two are great ways of doing business, you can either be importing or exporting all leads to profit maximization. But for me I will think of importing because if you are bringing in unique things that others don’t really have to sell you might make more money due to low competitions

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think both are better it depends on the products itself.....Importing and exporting business can be very profitable and lucrative at the same time. However, this kind of business can be highly demanding because you will spend a lot of cash to carry out each export or import transactions. Money would be made from this because it's depend on that exact product.

Josemendez

Verified member
Both of them are good but I think importation kills the economy of a system especially when it is in excess . Exportation on the other part is very demanding , it requires the person to create something unique with good quality which will not attract the attention of the country where it was sent to

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Exportation is more better compared to importation, because exportation have proven to always help improve the country currency value ,since when exporting you are probably exchanging and it helps increase the currency value to a high range , exportation is much more better compared to bitcoin in many ways