Important Hacks That Will Save you From losing Money to Online Scammers [ part 2 ]

Jasz

VIP Contributor
My previous post on "5 important Hacks That Will Save You From Losing Money to Online Scammers This 2022 [ part 1 ], I told you I will be exposing you to more hints on how not to lose your money to online fraudsters. Now follow these processes:

Domain Name

As glaring as it is, many don't know. You easily identify a fake website before clicking. By just looking at the URL.

For instance: "company dot com" [ I replaced ( . ) with dot] is the actual domain name of a website, the fake one will appear as company dot xyz, company dot online, company dot biz and more.

So when next you receive a link or URL (address) in your email or inbox, don't click directly if you are not sure. Just search the main page online, google can be helpful. Usually the fake ones will have less rankings or visibilities on google. You can also have something like xyzdottop/promo/indomiedotcom. Don't get carried away by the big name "Indomie" you read. That is never their official site. If it's the domain should appear first.

Domain existence

Some platforms online let you check website Domain Duration. You will know the time the site was registered and how far it will exist. Usually short term registered domains, like a year, is suspicious, because "hit and run" sites don't intend to exist for long, so they prefer free domain or purchase that with a short validity period to spend less.

Trustworthy Reviews

If you notice a website with fake reviews and testimonies, with random names, unrelated comments, random pictures. Most especially if they alter critics on the review section then, this is enough reason for you to abandon the site.

Secured Communication

Although the cost of purchasing an "SSL" Certificate is minimal, some fake sites will not like to lose such an amount, so their website communication remains unprotected while interacting with your browser.

You should know 'https' is secured while "http" is not. If the lock symbol is not visible on your browser, then you should avoid the website.

Safe methods of Payment

Is the website means of payment secured? If the product is not delivered, can you get back your money?

These are the things you should know as a website user. You don't have to be a programmer or hacker before you can protect yourself.