Ideas on how to save money when eating out or ordering takeout

King bell

VIP Contributor
Eating out or ordering takeout can be a great way to treat yourself, but it can also be expensive. If you’re looking for ways to save money while still enjoying restaurant food, here are some ideas:

1. Look for deals and discounts. Many restaurants offer discounts on certain days of the week or during specific hours. You may also find coupons online that you can use when ordering takeout or dining in at a restaurant.

2. Share meals with friends and family members if possible. Most restaurants serve large portions, so splitting an entree between two people is often enough food for both of them to enjoy without breaking the bank.

3. Choose water instead of soda or other drinks when eating out as this will help keep your bill lower than if you were to order more expensive beverages like beer or wine with your meal.

4. Order appetizers instead of full-sized entrees if you’re not very hungry but still want something tasty from the menu – this will usually cost less than getting a full meal would have been!

5 Take advantage of happy hour specials where available – many bars and restaurants offer discounted prices on drinks and snacks during certain times throughout the day/week which could help save money on your next outing!

PolySteam

Good points l. 🙂 To add you can also try order foods you don't normally eat at home or out of your culture as a treat. I always try to order things I normally won't eat at home or things that take long to prepare or need special equipment. A pizza is great because most of us don't have wood burning ovens but I can get two pizza for one on Monday nights at a local restaurant. This is a good deal and I couldn't make this at home not even for the same amount.