I am thinking about getting self-employed

MarcelH3110

I am thinking about getting self-employed. How much more should I plan to make due to higher costs and volatility in your opinion?

glukos

You definitely need to have a tested business model that will generate a steady income that allows you to feel safe (no worries such as I won't have money to pay bills, fuel, etc.) because if you want to jump into a model that you haven't checked and it won't look like you planned, you can ride very hard.
The second issue is the constant stress associated with an unproven model that will prevent you from developing, which can quickly lead to a situation in which you will have to come back full-time to have the supply needs.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Self employ is the best thing to do because its gives better returns.
To be self employ means taking all decision by one self alone and taking risk alone. Its use to give one opportunity to man decision without being interrupted by any body.
One will also enjoy a lot of benefit if the business is doing very well.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Self employment will need you identifying your skills and how you can make money off it. You have the skills and know there ones you can make money with. Go ahead and seek out people that will make you money as you render the services. You can start small and move up from there

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are some factors that should motivate you to be a self employed person. It is until you meet the criteria that you should be thinking of being an entrepreneur,, this will increase your chances of being successful as one.

The first factor is that do you have the skill needed to be a successful entrepreneur. The skills can include ability 5o identify problems and how to solve them. A successful entrepreneur always quick in identifying problems and find a lasting solution to those problems.

Endurance is the nexr factor to be considered. You don't expect to be making much as a new entrepreneur. You need to endure the obstacles first before making money as an entrepreneur. Someone that's aiming at making quick money may not he the right person to go for entrepreneur or self employed.

Mentorship is very important factor to have as an entrepreneur. There is no one that goes into any business except he has good knowledge of how these businesses work. If not, there is need for mentorship to acquire necessary knowledge before starting up to reduce the risk he may face as an entrepreneur.

Kendy

Verified member
Being self-employed is a global dream of almost half of the population but this might not be achievable to so many other if the necessary requirements are unattainable. Becoming self-employed requires a whole lot of readiness, determination, motivation and perseverance. There are many instances where an individual will rush into being self self-employed without assessing his capabilities. Becoming self-employed does not just happen overnight, you would have had to work under someone who could be a mentor and from there, you would learn so many things which will guide and strengthen you on the path of becoming an entrepreneur.

Considering the state of economic decline and the fact that each year we have massive number of students graduating yet there are no available jobs, in order to survive, the only available option is being self-employed even when the passion is not there and the experience is not present as well. The journey of being self-employed is demanding and challenging but you need to stay abreast a s get the needed skills, financial capital and experience to have a successful run. You should also know that at the start, you would come across many challenges but the ability to make the right decisions would determine your sustainability.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Becoming self employed is actually what most people fantasize about and sometimes as a result they just decide to leave their current place of employment and go into the street in such for a place where they could just mount an office or some business, without making proper steps. I have witness cases where people resigned from a well and comfortable paying job to start selling things they didn't plan to sell some few weeks ago, And today such people are back on the street seeking greener pasture. The truth is before we ever start thinking or planning any type of business to do we must first check inwards to see the type of business that befits our lifestyle and personality. This is necessary because it is only when we do what we love that we will be able to stand even in the face of business challenges that we might come a cross in the course of running the business.

When that has been done we must also try as much as possible to get facts and figure on the business by ourself and not really depend on hear say. Then try as much as possible to gather enough capital.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Ever since I knew that my country's government wouldn't help out when it comes to job creation, I simply diverted my mind being a freelancer. It depends on the kind of self employed you're seeking for. You didn't mention your niche selection, so, we can help with solution and how much you simply need o start that one up, and the kind of location that gonna be attractive to get customers. If you're dealing online, like, seeking real advertisement online and channeling the targeted customers to locate your offline business, then it is ideal you get started with social medias, that's nthe perfect option as a beginner since you wouldn't be spending much to get your business promotion up and running.

You can also advertise offline, through printing banners, flyers around your business location, telling your friends about your business for them to help you get targeted people to patronize your business. Nowadays, self employed business is peoples pick, no one is waiting for the government to provide job opportunities for them due to how bad the system is at the government sector. I've seen all this, and have decided never to use my college certificate looking for white collar job unless I get it by recommendation.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I am going to say this will be one of the best decision you can ever made about yourself.

The effort you put into someone else business that brings about cap, if you apply the same effort into your business you might have a shirt and trouser. This means you make more profit with your own business.

Becoming your own boss comes with much responsibility and it gives you a chance setting the rules according to your desire.

No one can dictate the amount of profit you are going to make with your own business. Unlike when you are work for someone, your salary is fixed and need to work extra hard to get a pay rise.

Before you can go ahead and start business, it is very important to have knowledge about what you want to do so that you are not going to waste your time and resources. You can simply look for a mentor who will guide you through the business building process.

Beside that it is very important to build list of different experts that will support you in establishing a viable. it is very important to write a business plan as you can use this to raise capital for your business idea.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
I am thinking about getting self-employed. How much more should I plan to make due to higher costs and volatility in your opinion?
Hi. In my opinion, it is a great idea to become self-employed. Actually, most people want to become self-employed because, in this way, they feel more relaxed and free. It is wonderful to work for yourself. This means that you do not have a boss over your head checking your work, perhaps complaining all the time and causing you anxiety and stress. What's more, you can have flexible working hours. Thus, you can spend more time with your family or friends.

However, if you are planning to become self-employed and start your own business, you must make sure that you have the skills and it is highly important to choose the correct type of business in order to succeed in it and make a good income from this business. Maybe, in the beginning, you will face up some difficulties and surely you will have a lot of responsibilities but then, I believe, you will realize that your decision is correct.
So, it is very significant to be very patient and invest time and effort in your job. Only in this way, you will achieve your goals.

In conclusion, I think that becoming self-employed is a dream for most people around the world, especially today. Freedom is not negotiable for them anymore whatever the risks. Some people finally make their dream come true whereas some others don't. I personally believe that it is nice to take such risks in life sometimes. :)