How to Use Adsense to Make Money on Blogs/Vlogs

Mika

VIP Contributor
Everyone who works online probably knows about Adsense. Even if he does not, he surely has heard about Adsense.

Adsense is Google’s Advertising Program for Publishers. In other words, Adsense is a monetization solution for website owners, bloggers, and video creators.

If you want to make money from Adsense, you have four options:

Create youtube channel and monetize your videos with Adsense.

Create a blogger blog and start using adsense on your blog

Launch a self-hosted website and use adsense on your website

Use your adsense ad codes on third party website. This option is available on user-generated content sites.

If you want to use Adsense on your youtube videos, you need minimum of 1000 subscribers on your youtube channel and your videos should have 4000 hours of watch time. In order to enable Adsense ads on your blogger’s blog, you need a lot of original articles on family-friendly topics. This also applies to self-hosted websites and blogs.

You have enabled Adsense on your youtube videos and blogs/websites, do you start earning money. The answer is NO!

You need a lot of traffic on your videos and blogs/website before you can generate revenue from Adsense. Having traffic is not enough, you need traffic that actually engages with your ads.

I am planning to have one Adsense Account for my website. I have purchased the domain name and right now creating some content before I actually host it and launch it. My husband has a website with blogs and other stuff. He uses Adsense account but the learning is very little so far as he is not much involved there and is not doing enough marketing to get the traffic there. So, you are right that earnings do not happen overnight. And it does take a lot of patience and perseverance. My husband has a very decent offline job and he does not have enough free time to invest it there on his website. He is just building it up as a post-retirement plan.

I have a YouTube channel and a blog (actually 3 blogs) that are enrolled in Adsense. But all of them are not earning anymore. With my blogs they are inactive when I lost the motivation due to a cut on the revenue sharing. With the YouTube channel there's the minimum that was imposed some 2 years ago.

I use adsense on my blog as well as YouTube. But my adsense income is so small that I cannot reach payment threshold even in 3 months. However, I do earn from my blogs and clogs through sponsorships, affiliate marketing and reviews. Earning from adsense is really difficult for me.