Saving Money How To Traveled The World For 18 Months And Saved Money

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you're looking for a way to travel the world for 18 months and save money, look no further.

Here's how:

1) Figure out how much money you're willing to spend each month on food (not including plane tickets), accommodation, transportation, and other expenses. Then figure out how much money that leaves in your bank account after taxes. this is your "savings" goal.

2) Book a hotel before you go. If you're planning on doing a lot of research on accommodation, this might not be necessary for you. but if you're going somewhere really remote, it'll make things easier when it comes down to finding nice places to stay.

3) Don't pay full price at hotels. I had heard from friends that booking hotels through sites like booking.com or agoda can save you money if you don't care about amenities like an airport shuttle or room service, so I used those services for my trips to Hong Kong and Istanbul. You can also get discounts by using apps like Agoda or booking.com with your credit card. but remember that the hotel industry is complicated and even the most reputable ones aren't always upfront about their prices being cheaper than what they actually are (they'll say something like "we offer 20% off our rooms"). so read reviews carefully before making a decision!

4) Look at different prices and compare what you can get for each one. For example, if you're looking at a flight from New York to London, check out Delta's website or Expedia's prices. It's easy to find the cheapest option!

5) Use Citi Double Cash card to earn cash back on every purchase you made during trip. Its so easy to use.