How to Trade Bitcoin in a Bear Market

Shaf

Verified member
As the front runner for all cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is the choice of most traders especially whales who trade in millions and billions of dollars.

Looking at current market conditions for the past 5 months, it can be said that we are in a bear market. Some people argue that it's a correction, but things are not good. It's still possible though to make money from trading in a bear market.

One such strategy is waiting patiently for a significant dip in Bitcoin price, usually anything that's 5% and above. Buying during this types of dips almost always guarantees profit when the relief rally follows. It's best to trade Bitcoin because some altcoins do not recover from their dip significantly to yield profits.

Some people do DCA, and some that did this a month ago, buying Bitcoin at $19k got a lot of profit when it rallied to $25k. This will offset any losses they made by buying previously at higher prices, giving them a lower average entry price.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
It's people's choice, but I do not trade, I will either buy, or HODL.
Bitcoin is not for sale, I have plan to launch my own crypto after creating a Bitcoin reserve. My crypto will have Bitcoin backing, so it's value will be fixed on satoshi.
However, for those, who want to sell their Bitcoin in bear market, I am offering to but on lowest price.

Suba

Staff member
Although I'm not an expert, but I've known crypto for quite a while, and I will share my opinion, during a bear market like today, we don't mean we have to sit back and do nothing just wait for crypto prices to return to normal, in fact we are can also take profit when the price of crypto falls, we can apply the buy the dip every time there is a significant correction, If the price of Bitcoin returns to the previous level or even higher then we will make a profit. We are also recommended to apply the DCA strategy when investing. If you are good at technical analysis so that you can measure when Bitcoin will reach the bottom (although not necessarily exact), but at least it can give you a signal when to buy when Bitcoin is downtrend.

zillur23

Three ways to trade Bitcoin and altcoins during a bear market · Accumulation via dollar-cost averaging · Trade the trend and go long off extreme lows.

Protension

Good read, thanks for sharing your point of view.

Although bitcoin is in a bear run, it is highly volatile. Taking the advantage of this volatility, traders can place their trades wisely with the help of technical analysis, and can aim to trade bitcoin profitably. In order to make a sure shot profit, the trader must apply proper risk management, as bitcoin is relatively new and might not follow its historical price action patterns.

Canzone

Thankyou for your wonderful tips, it’s appreciated!
Currently I am holding a bigger percentage of my btc in a cold wallet, away from trading, I believe BTC value will slowly recover by 2025 or 2026, and hit a new highest resistance level. I’m planning to sell my BTC then.

Squamation

So, how can we?
Just to remind you, a bear market is a market where the prices of securities are falling, and investors are pessimistic about the future. However, you can still trade Bitcoin in a bear market by using the buy dip strategy. This strategy involves buying Bitcoin when the prices are low and selling when the prices rise. This can be a profitable strategy in a bear market, as long as you are able to correctly predict the dips in the market.