How to succeed with snail farming

Snail farming is a good business opportunity that can be a full time or side hustle for you. This is one little animal that people really love to add to their meals as it is nutritious. To succeed in this business you need to be knowledgeable of the following:

Know the specie of the snail that will be good for your climate to avoid them dying easily

The kind of housing for your snails that will prevent them from escaping. It should be snclised pen house

Now if you are buying your snails, you should know that you should buy adult ones that can lay eggs

Have good knowledge of their feeds. Snails are vegetarians so you need to feed them with veggies and fruits.

Then havesting you should go for less big ones to sell.

What do you think?

Good luck

Verified member
All what have been mentioned are very good precautions to take to be able to succeed when dealing with snail.It needs a good place to survive and also feeding is very important.If snail is not properly caged,it will go and it Will be a great loss for the reader.Snail is a very good source of protein and the demand in market is very high.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
All what have been mentioned are very good precautions to take to be able to succeed when dealing with snail.It needs a good place to survive and also feeding is very important.If snail is not properly caged,it will go and it Will be a great loss for the reader.Snail is a very good source of protein and the demand in market is very high.
Your last line is apt, snail demands in my place is quite high and the snails supply in my place is even low so there sometime scarcity of it. So anyone going into the business of it will make good money because people like it and would want to buy it always

Setho

VIP Contributor
Snail farming has been a very profitable business for a long time. Not every part of the population consumes snails so I will advise that you set up your farm very close to where you can easily sell your produce.